There are newer employer reviews for Haynes International

Intern learned a lot about corporate environment!

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern
Former Intern - Human Resources Intern

I worked at Haynes International as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay as an intern - very safety oriented company - room for growth

Cons

Corporate was a bit stuffy at times - unnecessary meetings

reviews filtered by
  1. Provided good income, but very frustrating to work for.

Current Employee - Machine Repairman in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Machine Repairman in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Haynes International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The wages are pretty good and there are opportunities for overtime on regular basis. The benefits are decent for todays standards. Work schedule is standard 8 hour shifts Monday through Friday with the exception of overtime.

Cons

The management has created a very poor relationship with the workforce. Management does not want to get along with the workforce at all and has the stance that ruling with an "iron fist" will get the work out the door. General attitude of the workforce is very poor and unproductive.

Get along with the people on the floor and listen to what they have to say. WORK TOGETHER!

2. I enjoyed working at Haynes.

Former Employee - Coordinator of Titanium Materials and Office Manager in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Haynes International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The department I worked in was like a family. My boss was very receptive to my suggestions. I was able to take the lead and do my job without being micro-managed and was rewarded for the work that I did.

Cons

The posting of jobs outside of the company when the management already knew who they were going to put in the job that was open did bother me. As someone that knows what it is like to be searching for a job, I felt this was unfair to outside job seekers. I know it was policy but it still waste time and money as the managers still had to interview the outside job seekers knowing full well they were not going to hire them.

Stop doing this.