Hays plc
www.haysplc.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great people led by the most ill-informed, greedy and destructive senior management team I have ever witnessed.

Business Director (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Hays plc full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood training, good employee incentive schemes that reward strong performance and a relatively mature manner in dealing with people. If you generate sales for the company, you will be looked after well. They also have global reach which has its advantages in pitching for major client wins.

ConsThe foundation of the company is to provide strong recruitment services. To that end, they deliver well but the greed of the Board and Senior Management prevents hiring expertise and simply forces them to hire inexperienced low-cost consultants to service the lowest end of the market.

Senior management have invested over £50m on a database that simply does not work in order to provide global Management Information. However, very few people actually use the system for anything other than producing an invoice, so the information senior management see, is completely flawed. This was a great company, that is now being run by idiots. Chief of which is a CEO who has been fired from his last 2 jobs and has never worked a day as a recruitment consultant.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and listen to the people on the shop floor. Stop wasting enormous amounts of money on technology that is already light-years behind the competition. Instead, invest the savings in hiring better Consultants who can mentor, develop and retain the best consultants in the market and transform the reputation of the business.

Overworked and Underpaid

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
Liverpool, England (UK)

I worked at Hays plc full-time for less than a year

Pros: The only recruitment company to take on graduates with no… Cons: Starting salary on graduate scheme of £15,000 sounds ok when you have just finished uni and are promised fast… Advice to Senior Management: More honesty about the working hours from the start. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just Profit

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hays plc full-time

Pros: - Great Training, you will learn all you need from the Industry. - Very… Cons: - No personal Life, 8 am to 8 pm work.… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management have no clue of what their doing. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Hays plc.

Worked for Hays plc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hays plc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox. All reviews posted anonymously by Hays plc employees.