Hays plc
www.haysplc.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Good Training, for a career head elsewhere

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Hays plc

ProsGood spirit and morale betweeen colleagues. Good people work there and I have made some great, life-long friends.

ConsFavouritist towards certain members of staff, rewards based on length of service, not skill. Bad management style and strongly in denial towards the staff about any threat of credit crunch/recession. Very long hours and often it seems that if you don't stay late most nights you are scowled at and it is noticed.

Also as the workforce is quite young there is a lot of immaturity and inappropriate behaviour in what is meant to be a professional environment. Very poor comission structure in relation to others in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo listen more to your staff, congratulate us when we do well and stop removing incentives

Having this company on your resume can damage your future career.

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Hays plc

Pros: If you are willing to work all the hours that God sends then you have potential to earn good money at… Cons: Appalling work life balance. You will work 55 hours a week here. Fact. You will not be able to afford not to.… Advice to Senior Management: Wake up to the fact that your reputation in the market is very poor. You are recognised as providing one of the lowest levels of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Working for this large company may not be as glamorous as it seems.......

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Hays plc

Pros: Hays plc is a large company so opportunities to move within the company say, interstate/overseas are limitless. Also the brand recognition in the market place… Cons: Hays are not known for paying very well, in fact it is a sink or swim environment with very little or ongoing training particularly on… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest taking some of the billing pressure of managers and allow them to concentrate on building a successful office full of high billing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Hays plc.

Worked for Hays plc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hays plc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hays plc CEO Alistair R. Cox. All reviews posted anonymously by Hays plc employees.