Great employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center City, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center City, MN

I have been working at Hazelden full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hazelden is a great place to work. They offer a competitive benefit package, competitive salaries, beautiful locations and working environments, excellent work/life balance, a great mission and vision and a leadership team that keeps everyone informed on what is going on within the organization and why changes are being made. No company is going to keep everyone happy and the sense of entitlement amongst employees suprises me at times. The company is going through some growing pains as we try to increase revenue in order to provide our services to more patients and renovate our outdated facilities, but I feel that executive team has a great vision and will lead us in the right direction to get there.

Cons

I think overall the leadership team needs additional training in order to improvement employee engagement and retention.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Confusing, disorganized management structure; don't put their money where their mouth is

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Hazelden

Pros

I loved the patients and recovery.

Cons

Badly structured, incredibly poor processes, out-of-touch management, poor benefits, no respect. I had the single worst manager I have ever worked with in 30 years; she didn't know what I did but thought she did because she did the job ten years ago. No matter what I did I couldn't win: if I asked her for her opinion on something, it was useless because she didn't even know what I was talking about, although she pretended to, and if I didn't, I got slammed for not asking.

Advice to Management

You can't be world-class unless you treat your employees with class and behave with integrity, which you don't. You're always surprised when you get poor marks as an employer, but you don't listen to the folks in the trenches, even though you ask for our input.

Not what it used to be

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center City, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center City, MN

I worked at Hazelden

Pros

Honorable work at reputable organization

Cons

Senior level incompetency is amazing

Advice to Management

Listen to employees.