Hazen and Sawyer
www.hazenandsawyer.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

Hazen and Sawyer has provided me many opportunities to advance my skills and career.

New York, NY

ProsA great company. CEO is doing a great job positioning the firm for geographic growth as well as improving market share in existing areas. I joined Hazen and Sawyer 8 years ago from a much smaller firm and was concerned at the time of the perceived downside of joining a larger firm. My concerns weren't justified, as very early in my career I had the opportunity to manage projects, and I've taken on varied and interesting challenges through the years.

ConsSome growing pains as the firm expands Westward and looks to cultivate a more diverse client base. Challenges as many capital programs for existing clients are projected to shrink, necessitating growth in new markets. Improved IT support could improve employee efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course!

Perfect fit for motivated, self-starters who desire technical, client need driven engineering

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
    Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Hazen and Sawyer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Hazen offers a senior staff with vast, in-depth water and wastewater engineering experience. Because the company has solely focused on water and wastewater, individual engineers… Cons: Young engineers who desire formal training and career pathways will be challenged here. Engineers must be outgoing and self-sufficient from the outset of their… Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The company where trust doesn't exist.

Senior Principal Engineer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Hazen and Sawyer full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great location for commuting. Nearby restaurants will make lunch options interesting. The… Cons: You don't want to work here. This is a company built of fiefdoms that are fighting each other every single day to survive. The… Advice to Senior Management: Be honest with your employees as to what is going on. As is now the copy machines are working full blast on resumes. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Hazen and Sawyer.

Worked for Hazen and Sawyer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hazen and Sawyer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hazen and Sawyer CEO Charles S. Hocking. All reviews posted anonymously by Hazen and Sawyer employees.