Hcsc

www.hcsc.com

Lack of Proper Management Leads to a Major Disappointment!

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Compensation is pretty good, even though the cost of medical insurance for the employees is steadily rising. Amenities in a Chicago location are impressive and include health club and cafeteria.

Cons

Incompetent, often non-existent management leading to a dismal lack of caring mentoring, and professional growth opportunities. There is lack of vision from the management as well.

Take a look who is managing the resources. You will find too many cases when completely incompetent people occupy the spots. The have no people or management skills, avoid their subordinates, do not understand the function of the their area and, therefore, are not capable of providing leadership and vision. Bottom line: the situation is a shame and something needs to be done to change it.

Other reviews for Hcsc

Same life as public accounting but worse treatment...

Current Employee - Internal Auditor  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Chicago, IL

Pros

Salary, benefits, gym, cafeteria, and the staff level employees.

Cons

Management. They have been in the positions for so long with no turnover that they are unwilling to change to modern/younger ways of managing. It is their dictatorship way or dont even plan on receiving a raise/bonus. Environment is old school with staff miserable/high turnover. Even HR Reviews have seen the problems but do not act.

It's time for some upper level managment turnover in Audit in order to see some effective results and a more cooperative environment.

Wash, rinse, repeat

Pros

Any pro I had previously come up with was quickly eradicated from my thought process as soon as I started working there. Oh wait, I take that back - Starbucks.

Cons

U.S.A. sweat shop for employees/contractors. In my tenure there I've witnessed the following:
    * 3 highly effective contractors get walked out because of the political rhetoric from the business leads.
    * contractors get the boot or "talked to" because they asked for trivial time off for family reasons.
    * three full time Managers quit, one without even having another job to transition to. That speaks volumes.
    * blame game / finger pointing played at it's best. And guess what, it's never their fault.
    * absolutely zero mentoring
    * ruling by intimidation - nebulous emails where absolutely no determination can be deduced if there's a real issue at hand or your the next casualty of the blame game.
    * intimidation tactics to the team and I quote "If I'm taken down because this project fails I will be taking others with me, I won't go alone". And this my friends was from an officer of the company.
    * definitely, unequivocally a who you know environment

Buy a clue - develop a clue - but get a clue.....
    Ruling by intimidation belongs back in the mid-evil era... oh wait.. that's the era your in. Come to the now's... where happy employees are productive employees.
    Eradicate the dead weight - get new blood in - be creative, innovative and the most talented people will seek you out.
    Eliminate the process for process sake.
    Put politics aside and create a dependency on the expertise of the people you brought in for the job.
    Be a leader not a survivor in your industry.
    I've had BCBS forever --- not so much anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Hcsc.

Worked for Hcsc? Contribute to the Community!