A fruitful experience

Current Employee - Teacher
Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Head Start School System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Proactive people, discipline environment and Supportive administration

Cons

Politics put the moral down

Other Employee Reviews for Head Start School System

1. Head Start teacher

I worked at Head Start School System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. I feel like you are making a difference in the world. Have summers off which is nice.

Cons

The pay is sub par. It was also hard to see children in such dire circumstances. All of the children are poverty level which is difficult to see.

Advice to Management

There is way too much red-tape! We were always filling out paperwork and documenting Everything. I felt like if you sneezed you had to record it.

2. Head Start/Early Head Start Program - Southern California

Former Employee - Interim Management Financial Analyst in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Interim Management Financial Analyst in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Head Start School System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent entry level opportunity, sense of purpose/rewarding job, and generally quality people to work with all-around. Being able to reinforce positives such as education is a great thing where it is often lacking.

Cons

Non-profit organizations that are grant funded generally do not match market value at the higher level. Trade off of having a rewarding job where you do make a difference in your community. Sometimes you will be exposed to parents who do not believe in education/early intervention and they do not reinforce that in the home with their children.

Advice to Management

Allow your employees and new hires to grow by facilitating the growth, teach and develop their capabilities/skills if they show resilience and desire to grow. It is a win-win, whether they stick with the organization that invested in them or expand to other organizations. You make them much more capable as professionals and they will serve to fund your retirement.