Headsets.com

www.headsets.com
There are newer employer reviews for Headsets.com

Friendly Company culture and Growth Opportunities Make Headsets.com a Great Company to Call "Home"

Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Headsets.com

Pros

If you are the person that always works the hardest for little or no recognition or thanks..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We think of feedback as a gift and every day is a holiday here. You'll always have a great idea of what is expected of you and you'll be given the tools, materials and training needed to excel. You'll always know how well you are doing, because we have detailed standards that we measure, like Customer Service ratings. That's probably the most important of all. We love our Customers and our Customers come back to us to be treated well.

If you are Customer-focused you'll be very happy here -- you'll be given the chance to do what you do best every day and your opinions will be listened to. Mike actually pays us $10 for every idea we email to him -- and he picks the best idea every two weeks to win $500.

If you are the employee that shows up 5 minutes early to start up your computer and get your coffee, while others around you show up 5 minutes late to spend 10 more minutes waiting for a new pot to brew..you'd be happy here at Headsets.com. We value punctuality and I can't remember the last time I saw someone rushing in because they were even a minute late.

We have free bagels and organic fruit delivered daily to our kitchen, and Peet's coffee on tap. After 3 years of working here, we get a one month sabbatical. We are also paid two days per year to volunteer for a non-profit organization of our choice.

We focus on hiring the right people and nurturing them while they grow, so there is plenty of room for advancement here if you'd like to move up. We believe that providing excellent Customer Service for our Customers is a talent and so you can be happy and well-respected as a member of Customer Service for as long as you like. We've all worked here for over a year now - some people have been here for years in Customer Service and they are very happy with their position. You hear your coworkers complimenting each other on a constant basis. You hear people thanking each other for feedback. You are constantly reminded that you are valued and valuable. People here really care about each other and we help each other out all the time. It's an excellent home away from home.

Cons

We put so much emphasis on Customer Service and growth that you can't really have off-days here. There's no room. We don't spend all day surfing the web, waiting for work to do. Pretty much every minute of our day is committed to helping the organization in some aspect. There's no place for slackers here. We are dedicated to being responsible here, so if you'd like to hang out and receive paychecks while checking out youtube and having distracted conversations with Customers, this isn't the place. The culture of positivity, growth, and accountability can seem intimidating when first arriving at Headsets.com, however; it doesn't take much time to buy into it. You see how well others are treated around you and you want to be part of it, so you buy in.

Mike Faith and the other members of senior management created a company culture that fosters growth in employees' work and personal lives. We are allotted a yearly training bonus of $2500 that we can use to improve our skill set. We are encouraged to improve in all areas of our life and Mike lives by this rule as well. I would say that Mike is a very visible CEO and he's willing to help out when needed. He's even picked up the phone and assisted a Customer on a few occasions. We appreciate that Mike is like a mentor to many of us and that he focuses so much attention on creating the kind of environment we all love to work in.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Headsets.com (View Most Recent)

More than I had expected, in a positive way

I have been working at Headsets.com

Pros

High standards, great communication, clear expectations, bright teammates, good location, management is willing to try new things, super high level of respect for customers, lots of feedback, fast paced, they try to blend a little fun with productivity, thorough hiring and training practices, nice benefits.

Cons

Not a ton of career advancement opportunity over past couple of years (2007 - 2011). Not the sexiest industry. The bright people that get hired often will burn out on customer service after a couple of years. If you dont perform well, you wont enjoy it, with the high standards and frequent feedback. You may have to move desks and schedules from time to time. Young managers sometimes learn on the job.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Customer Love in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Love in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Headsets.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The CEO is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Cons

Lots of managing involved. You can lose your personality easily.

Outside of CEO, sometimes management are closed off to feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for Headsets.com