Headspring

www.headspring.com
  www.headspring.com
There are newer employer reviews for Headspring

An amazing place I am proud to be associated with

I have been working at Headspring

Pros

Headspring is the rare company where the company values statement is not just some document that some consultant wrote to be promptly forgotten. It was created by the people who work here, and we regularly review it and use it to guide our day to day work. Our values:

- Drive for excellence
  From the way we hire only the best people, to the way we sell, to the jobs that we take on, to the way we execute day to day, we always strive for excellence.

- People are valued
  Management cares for employees. Among other things, they ensure that everyone works at a sustainable pace. They genuinely want to attract and retain the best people, and only by truly valuing people is the company able to do that. When employees speak up, management listens. Change happens for the better when it needs to. Employees also care for each other - everyone agrees that this is a company where we treat each other more as friends than as co-workers.

- Honest Communication
  Headspring has fully embraced a level of transparency that is really refreshing. We have (short, well-run) weekly meetings to plan our week. We have (short, well-run) meetings monthly to review financial performance and project execution. We have fun offsite meetings quarterly to celebrate our successes and reflect on how we can improve. Management does regular one on ones with everyone, and the feedback is considered and valuable.

- Passion for Learning and Growth
  Everyone supports everyone else, and we have fostered an environment where people are free to ask questions and get help with anything. We dedicate a portion of every week to learning new things. We have regular internal brown bags where we share what we've learned with the rest of the company.

This is a great place to work.

Cons

You will not be able to just "get by" at Headspring. You will be expected to set high expectations for yourself, and then to meet those expectations.

Continue with what you are doing. Be wary of the dangers that can come from growing too quickly. Keep hiring and retaining the best people.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Headspring (View Most Recent)

lots of opportunity

I have been working at Headspring

Pros

I work with people who love to come to work. The enviornment is supportive and they pay is very competitive. Relaxed work atmosphere when things get done.

Great opportunity for career growth

They care about your professional development

Cons

overly-ambitious goals (would rather this than the other extreme, however)
    small company, so the heat is on if you underperform

Constant Values, Flexible Practices

Current Employee - Director of Software Development in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Software Development in Austin, TX

I have been working at Headspring

Pros

Lots of opportunity to own your own career path. Constant learning is encourages. Core values - People are Valued, Honest Communication, Drive for Excellence, and Passion for Learning and Growth are lived out by management and taught and reinforced with all employees. Great place to build a career and expand your skills as a developer and as a consultant.

Cons

Somewhat insular culture, not well connected with other consulting companies in town. Some of our company goals (like revenue growth) don't seem to come with a strategy for achieving them.

Get out of our comfort zone more - understand our competition better. Articulate better for employees where we want to be as a company in 5, 10, and 20 years.

There are newer employer reviews for Headspring