Headway Corporate Resources

www.headwaycorp.com
  www.headwaycorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Headway Corporate Resources

Good but not ideal work environment.

Former Employee - Field Interviewer
Former Employee - Field Interviewer

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources part-time

Pros

Source of jobs for part-time, intermittent Field Interviewing positions. Headway Corporate Resources (now called Headway Workforce Solutions) provides staffing and handles hiring for research projects managed by professional staff at RTI International.
Pay for Field Interviewers seems competitive within the industry.
Excellent training is provided. Professional trainers (on permanent statt at RTI) take their duties, and the research studies, very seriously.
Interesting assignments: some involve working "solo" in the field, others as part of a team.
Opportunity to travel locally, regionally, and sometimes natonally, for research projects.

Cons

Quality of supervisory staff (at Field Supervisor level) varies greatly. Regional managers at RTI are not always aware of problems in the field and rely, sometimes too much, on Field Supervisor (FS) to detect and handle issues. This is o.k. when the FS is on the ball; not so great otherwise.

Obsession with "chain of command" at RTI restricts information flow and results in a cumbersome, hierarchial structure.

Not many opportunities for advancement.

Solicit input from Field interviewers throughout the research study on how things are going. Do not rely solely on reports (or lack thereof) from Field Supervisors. Problems are frequently brewing that Interviewers are relucant to bring up with FS. (Maybe the FS herself/himself is part of the problem!)

14 Other Employee Reviews for Headway Corporate Resources (View Most Recent)

Could be worse.

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros

Flexible hours and decent wages

Cons

No upward mobility, no affordable healthcare benefits.

I had a very pleasant experience working as a contract employee with Headway.

Former Employee - Investigations Specialist  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Investigations Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

I had the ability to work remotely. I was able to work flexible hours. I was able to take time off when needed. There is a balance with work and life. The compensation was good.

Cons

I do not have any cons. I enjoyed my time working for this company. My work was contract, so my only reason for leaving was that my assignment ended.

Keep up the good work.

There are newer employer reviews for Headway Corporate Resources

Worked for Headway Corporate Resources? Contribute to the Community!