Headway Corporate Resources

www.headwaycorp.com

Good but not ideal work environment.

Field Interviewer (Former Employee)

ProsSource of jobs for part-time, intermittent Field Interviewing positions. Headway Corporate Resources (now called Headway Workforce Solutions) provides staffing and handles hiring for research projects managed by professional staff at RTI International.
Pay for Field Interviewers seems competitive within the industry.
Excellent training is provided. Professional trainers (on permanent statt at RTI) take their duties, and the research studies, very seriously.
Interesting assignments: some involve working "solo" in the field, others as part of a team.
Opportunity to travel locally, regionally, and sometimes natonally, for research projects.

ConsQuality of supervisory staff (at Field Supervisor level) varies greatly. Regional managers at RTI are not always aware of problems in the field and rely, sometimes too much, on Field Supervisor (FS) to detect and handle issues. This is o.k. when the FS is on the ball; not so great otherwise.

Obsession with "chain of command" at RTI restricts information flow and results in a cumbersome, hierarchial structure.

Not many opportunities for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementSolicit input from Field interviewers throughout the research study on how things are going. Do not rely solely on reports (or lack thereof) from Field Supervisors. Problems are frequently brewing that Interviewers are relucant to bring up with FS. (Maybe the FS herself/himself is part of the problem!)

Could be worse.

I have been working at Headway Corporate Resources

Pros: Flexible hours and decent wages Cons: No upward mobility, no affordable healthcare benefits. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I had a very pleasant experience working as a contract employee with Headway.

Investigations Specialist (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

I worked at Headway Corporate Resources as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros: I had the ability to work remotely. I was able to work flexible hours. I was able… Cons: I do not have any cons. I enjoyed my time working for this company.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Headway Corporate Resources.

Worked for Headway Corporate Resources? Contribute to the Community!