Heald College

There are newer employer reviews for Heald College

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Heald College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Students are motivated in spite of hardships.
WASC Sr. accreditation.

Cons

Pay is lower than competing colleges. However, it is more fulfilling work than with their competitors.

Create career paths for part time employees.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Heald College (View Most Recent)

Compnay sucks, pay sucks, students suck. Dont waste your time.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Heald College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pro's I can address are that you might find some good co-workers, but overall all the majority of the staff are lazy and content with life. They beat around the bush and finger-point to the next person.

Cons

I don’t know where to start?...I don’t know which one is worse, the students or the FOR PROFIT corporation? Let me be straight and honest, the students at Heald College or any other for profit institution are a joke. I have never met a lazier group of so called, “students”. These students couldn’t even pass a class if you were handing out A’s. You pretty much have to babysit adults and listen to their endless complaints and issues. The students do not know how to take responsibilities for their actions and are always looking for a easy way out or handout. Heald feels more like a daycare then a so called “College”. I have seen more physical fights between the students, then at a rowdy bar! The students do not appreciate anything and are so ungrateful for your time and effort in trying to find them a job/career/education…ect. Overall, since I have worked with these students/adults and seen how difficult they are and I truly believe they deserve to get ripped off for a Heald certificate or so called “Degree”.

Now for the Heald, this place is nothing more then a chop-shop. They specifically target, market and pray for under-classed minorities. I am so disgraced and disgusted that this place is only open for MONEY. They don’t care if any of their students get hired, the only thing they care about are the NUMBERS! All you hear is, “what are your numbers? What is your conversation rates? How many calls have you made?”....ect…This place could care less about it’s students as well as their own employees. They beat down on their employees to make a profit and rip off their students to make a profit. They expect you to dedicate your life to them, as if they were doing you a favor of having a job. The pay is awful and the hours suck!

Message for students….DONT ATTEND ANY FOR PROFIT SCHOOL
    Message for future employees….GET IN AND GET OUT! This place will suck you dry and use your soul to fill their wallets!

My advice for management would be….GET A LIFE! Your nothing more then some low life people looking to exploit under represented people. The senior management team I had didn’t know how to threat anyone well. They always wanted more from you and were never satisfied. I couldn’t even look up to them, I couldn’t even bare the fact that a low-life was my manager! The management team will drain everything out of you, they are the reason for the high turnover rate.

Experience at Heald College (Salinas, Ca Campus)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

I worked at Heald College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Alows return to school adults the oportunity to obtain an education

Cons

Students are lazy: The students expect to pass classes. The majority of the students are in their 20's and some find it hard to study. These same students copy their homework assignments from each other and expect to obtain full credit on the assignments. When students are offer office hours to review problems, the students do not show up and management do not provide adequate space. It is also a managements problem since they (top guys) keep insisting that its a "for profit" college. On guy in management said "These students are not university caliber" and "they need special attention". Special attention as in let them pass.
    -Majority of Students don't care
    -Instructors don't care or are not qualify to teach certain topics
    -Management cares even less. All they care about is "for profit"

-Listen to instructors that do care in teaching.
    -Offer space so that instructors can have adequate office hours “with students”
    -Hire qualified instructors (Psychology instructors should stick to psychology not math or business)
    -Offer a higher competitive pay to instructors.
    -Care for what your students are learning (they will represent you in interviews)

There are newer employer reviews for Heald College