There are newer employer reviews for Healix Infusion Therapy

Great place to get your feet wet

I have been working at Healix Infusion Therapy full-time

Pros

This is a company that you can only move up from. That is-if you are driven enough. They offer you a great basis to expand and improve your strengths. If you are an individual who is content doing the bare minimum, your fellow coworkers will see it right away (maybe faster than your supervisor) and you might not get a long with them. If you are a driven, hard working and a dedicated person, you will be well-liked and you will be known as dependable and someone who can get the job done right. Teamwork is integral if you want to work with this company. You have to pull your load and at times, might have to help pull other people's loads as well. You have to make sure you always cover yourself so that if anything comes back to you, you can always say that you followed protocol. I think that is safe to say with any job but I've worked with so many companies, this is definitely a place you want to make sure you're getting the job done right. I really think they have a great benefits package. Thank you HR for working hard to make sure your benefits are aligned with the top healthcare companies.

Cons

There are lazy people who work here. It's so evident that most people half-ass their job but they've been there forever that managers just deal with it. It sucks but again, with most jobs, its expected. Like mentioned earlier, this is a great place to get your feet wet. I do not see any room for climbing the ladder here. Management is fierce. If they want to keep you, they'll find a way to make sure you're not moving up. I have heard so many stories about how people want to move up but get shafted by managers because they want the employee to stay in their department.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being kind to your employees. Perhaps a nicer insurance plan where the deductible isn't an arm and a leg would be something to work towards for future employees. I know it isn't normal but sometimes it seems that management is "fake" when wanting the well-being of their employees. Like all business minded people, their focus is on the bottom line. It's all good but work on your people skills and stop acting like you are working in the trenches with us. I know you have a lot of responsibility in your hands but taking the time to really get to know your employees can go a long way. Show some sincerity sometimes-it won't kill you.

Other Employee Reviews for Healix Infusion Therapy

1. Infusion Coordinator

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

communication may be lacking at times

A few tips to let you know what to expect at HCPS

Former Employee - Expert Compounding Technician in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Expert Compounding Technician in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Healix Infusion Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the three 503B FDA registered compounding facilities in Houston, the others being Pharmedium and Advanced Pharma (biggest of the three). I've worked in all 3 and Advanced by far has the best crew. There are a few gems at Healix as well but a few bad apples can spoil the whole batch.

Cons

There's a reason why they are always hiring, there is a very high employee turnover. Think about that before you accept the job here especially if you have options. Most techs have only been employed there less than a year. No flexibility in schedule, they tell you when to work and you have to work that time. your schedule can be changed at any given moment and you are expected to show up for work. If they tell you to stay late you better comply or you will be on the hot seat. Benefits don't kick in until after 90 days and be prepared to pay about 1/3 of your health insurance premium. No 401k match either. There are two sides in the pharmacy located in Sugar Land (HCPS). One is batching (503B) and the other is patient specific iv's. Batching makes large volume products for hospitals. If you think you are just going to go in, do your job and go home to your family don't be fooled. Boths sides from what I've seen and heard when I was there were constantly having feuds between employees. It's the most unprofessional work environment I've ever experienced. But if you need to make ends meet, go for it. Just be prepared and grow thick skin. The pharmacists will watch you like a hawk and some speak to you in a very disrespectful manner. You'll see these young arrogant pharmacists talk down to technicians 20 years older than them. Those techs aren't innocent either. The techs who have been there longer will try to boss you around so be prepared for that. If there is a mistake that was made that was not your fault, be prepared for them to shift the blame on you because mistakes equal termination. There is a lot of tattling and snitchin' for petty things going on as well. It's the people who are nicest to you face to face who surprisingly end up telling on you for the the smallest things. You may be the type that want to mind your own business, but there are going to be people who just won't leave you alone. Believe me they are quick to hire, but I've never seen a company fire so many employees so quickly. It's a hard place to stay employed at. My advice is if you decide to work here, just be prepared for the daily BS and use Healix as a vehicle for more experience.

Advice to Management

High employee turnover is a big problem in this company. Yes, Healix will always be able to replace and quickly hire new employees. The problem is are you able to attract the most experienced and hard working staff as spelled out in your Mission statement and company vision. If you do hire a gem with potential, how do you retain their loyalty?