Health Choice One

www.healthchoiceone.com
  www.healthchoiceone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Health Choice One

STAY AWAY FROM Health Choice One!

Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH
Former Employee - Call Center Sales Agent in Uniontown, OH

I worked at Health Choice One full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. There is a 20 word minimum on this section, so I'm writing this to fulfill that minimum. Truthfully, other than the relaxed atmosphere, there is nothing positive I would say.

Cons

Their pay is awful. For instance, HumanaOne Critical Illness policies currently offer a $300 bonus PER SALE on approved applications after the first 25 sales. They will pocket the bonuses, and give you a $50 gift card. Their Management is awful. Some of the poorest business acumen I've ever seen in a company, and I've been a part of some poor companies in my life. Their arbitrarily applying rules and regulations, which is why they have more people quitting than I have ever seen before. If they like you, you might do okay. If they don't, you'll never have a chance to truthfully produce, and they'll find a way to get rid of you. Good news: You will win your unemployment benefits, because their rules lack substance and equality.

Quit. Immediately.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Health Choice One (View Most Recent)

Lies, Lies, Lies. BEWARE

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Uniontown, OH
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Uniontown, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They let you wear jeans everyday. For some people I guess the fact that they play music while you are on the phone is a pro. They do offer benefits (expensive) after 90 days.

Cons

They change there policies in a blink of an eye. They lie to you since the beggining, saying you will make x number amount when in reality it's not even half that. They actually write the agents compensation on the board for all to see, except what they don't tell you is that the numbers are all lies, most of the agents only get paid about 50-60% of the amount written on the board, so you get reeled in by false numbers. The agents have to pay out of there own pocket the salary for "fronters" (people who are not licensed and do the initial qualification for a sale), of course they don't tell you that, you learn afterwards that they take 20% of your bonus supposedly for the fronters, however the fronters do not get any of that bonus. Hmmm...wonder where the 20% really goes? I could go on and on, the last thing I do want to mention is that if you try to leave, they will not give you your release letters so basically they hold you hostage. That is the only reason I am still here, (am looking at other opportunities as I type).

Treat the agents/fronters with respect and pay them what they're worth or at least go against your nature and be honest as to what they are getting themselves into. This goes for the "owners" too. And if people want to leave, release them so they can continue to earn income with another company that will appreciate them.

Amazing company to work for!

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Health Choice One full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pros-
    *amazing training program
    *great environment
    *awesome management
    *the ceo and coo are involved in every aspect of the business
    *great business structure
    *Base pay
    *no traveling like many other insurance companies
    *no expenses
    *no charge back/financial risk

Cons

Cons-
    *being an insurance agent is a career not just another job....so this definitely isnt for everyone. if it isnt for you, it doesnt mean the company is bad

There are newer employer reviews for Health Choice One