Health Management Associates

www.hma.com

This company has no appreciation or respect for their employees, management is terrible.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Naples, FL

ProsI like my coworkers, we have a great group of hardworking, conscientious people who really care about doing a good job. Most of the doctors are pretty great as well.

ConsThe directors and upper management staff demonstrate no concern or appreciation for their employees. They constantly push for more and more profit and seem to only care about making money for themselves and getting big bonuses. Patients are basically a commodity to the nonclinical managers at HMA to be used as a source of revenue. The only priority at this "health management" company is money! There is a high turnover of employees for good reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would ask for management to take a good look at their priorities and stop to consider the employees who work very hard but get treated so badly! Stop touting that "Getting 2 Great" slogan and actually do right by your employees for a change! Stop giving huge bonuses to managers who only look good because of someone else's work.

Fellow employees are great, middle management tries hard, upper management only cares about their bonuses

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winder, GA

I have been working at Health Management Associates

Pros: Coworkers are wonderful and most truly care about taking good care… Cons: Corporate is cheap Too many silly little rules that make patient care impossible Always short staffed because people get frustrated… Advice to Senior Management: Instead of giving management bonuses, spend the money on really fixing problems at the patient care level.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Nursing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Poplar Bluff, MO

I have been working at Health Management Associates

Pros: Benefits are good, people are approachable and take a team… Cons: Does not utilize acuity system for staffing. Advice to Senior Management: Technology that would enable communication to staff. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Health Management Associates.

Worked for Health Management Associates? Contribute to the Community!