There are newer employer reviews for Health Management Associates

Salaried employees

Current Employee - HH RN
Current Employee - HH RN

I have been working at Health Management Associates

Pros

Working with this small community hospital means working with a very professional and caring group of people from nursing, to therapy to ancillary staff. HMA recognizes and supports all levels of staff through multiple recognition programs throughout the year.

Cons

Unfortunately, HMA does not demonstrate recognition of the uncompensated hours the salaried staff must work in order to meet the expectations of the job. Salaried for 40+ (undefined) hours does not even begin to cover the 50-60+ hours it takes to complete a week of home health care. And, the majority of the staff provide exemplery care as evidenced by a large referral base,JACHO compliance and positive patient satisfaction scores. 1-2% raises (with no raises for 2009), no COLA, and the loss of our matching retirement funds has left many of us with a diminishing income that started long before the economy began it's decline.

As intelligent professionals we all recognize the need to tighten our belts, however we also recognize that our compensation in inequitable and needs to be adjusted.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Health Management Associates (View Most Recent)

Hard work without decent pay.

Former Employee - Patient Access Associate
    Former Employee - Patient Access Associate

I worked at Health Management Associates

Pros

I was taught several different jobs in my year at HMA. Upon my arrival at HMA I was taught PBX (switchboard) operations, admissions (collection of patient demographics), and insurance verification of many types.

Cons

The downsides to working at this specific HMA facility are: not knowing what shift you will be working or when, never having a definate schedule, and not being feeling as though your hard work is apprecaited. In my opinion the department that I worked in could have been better managed by someone who had previous knowledge of the admissions aspect of health care.

Your employees in the admissions department work very hard and should be paid accordingly. Essentailly your hospital could not run effectivley without them. I feel that your hospitals would run smoother if your department heads had knowledge of the work their employees are doing.

Look at other hospital operators

Current Employee - Controller in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Controller in Naples, FL

I have been working at Health Management Associates

Pros

Hospital benefits are fairly good- employees are 100% covered for services within a HMA facility

Cons

Terrible vacation benefits- only 2 weeks per year for the first 4 years of service!!

You will lose talent if you don't improve vacation policy and work/life balance

There are newer employer reviews for Health Management Associates