Health Management Associates

www.hma.com

Poor experience in every way

ProsBesides the fact that I am resigning? Generally, the worker bee level employees are very good to work with and care about each other. Because there are a lot of hospitals run by them, you can transfer - IF they feel like letting you.

ConsNot enough room or time to give a complete report, but the biggest con is that the sole purpose for this company's existence is to make money, hand over fist. Fortune 500 Company where money matters, and corners are cut at the patient level so the stock stays profitable and the executives look good on paper. Having also been a patient, care was frequently non-existent and/or unsafe due to extremely poor staffing. Department directors found out they were being fired by finding an advertisement online for their position. This company has absolutely NO morals or ethics. Insurance is expensive and horrible. Retirement plan is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a college level ethics course, pay attention in class and learn a few new things, and quit bullying and abusing your employees. Hopefully Community Health Systems will come in and clean house. Maybe the takeover will be a positive thing for employees.

This was a good learning experience

I have been working at Health Management Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They have self-funded health insurance plan There are a lot of… Cons: Progress is slow and planning seems to be an after-thought Advice to Senior Management: Planning Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Once proud Employee.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Naples, FL

I worked at Health Management Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Beautiful building on exterior. Most co-workers hard working. Cons: Ugly, ruthless management only concerned with how well they look. The little guy has no importance. No loyalty to staff. Frequent turnover.… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize quality workers who want nothing but to do a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Health Management Associates.

Worked for Health Management Associates? Contribute to the Community!