Health Management Associates

www.hma.com

Fellow employees are great, middle management tries hard, upper management only cares about their bonuses

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winder, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winder, GA

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful and most truly care about taking good care of the patients. Variety of a la carte benefits are offered.

Cons

Corporate is cheap
Too many silly little rules that make patient care impossible
Always short staffed because people get frustrated with policies and quit
Ugly surroundings
Cater to doctors but don't care about the staff
Old equipment, have to make due

Instead of giving management bonuses, spend the money on really fixing problems at the patient care level. Stop making us cater to the frequent flyers and drug seekers, they won't pay their bill anyway!

Other reviews for Health Management Associates

Nursing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Poplar Bluff, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Poplar Bluff, MO

Pros

Benefits are good, people are approachable and take a team approach. Opportunities to advance are good in the organization.

Cons

Does not utilize acuity system for staffing.

Technology that would enable communication to staff.

Salaried employees

Current Employee - HH RN
    Current Employee - HH RN

Pros

Working with this small community hospital means working with a very professional and caring group of people from nursing, to therapy to ancillary staff. HMA recognizes and supports all levels of staff through multiple recognition programs throughout the year.

Cons

Unfortunately, HMA does not demonstrate recognition of the uncompensated hours the salaried staff must work in order to meet the expectations of the job. Salaried for 40+ (undefined) hours does not even begin to cover the 50-60+ hours it takes to complete a week of home health care. And, the majority of the staff provide exemplery care as evidenced by a large referral base,JACHO compliance and positive patient satisfaction scores. 1-2% raises (with no raises for 2009), no COLA, and the loss of our matching retirement funds has left many of us with a diminishing income that started long before the economy began it's decline.

As intelligent professionals we all recognize the need to tighten our belts, however we also recognize that our compensation in inequitable and needs to be adjusted.

There are newer employer reviews for Health Management Associates.

Worked for Health Management Associates? Contribute to the Community!