Just OK ...

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Health Net

Pros

Flexibility between work / life. Telecommuting and working remotely helps to offset rising costs for fuel, clothing, food, etc. Location is important to me. At least in California, Health Net seems to be surviving this economic crisis. Teamwork and collaboration between departments along with an open door policy help to facilitate a healthy work environment.

Cons

Compensation / Benefits - lousy dental plan, no bonuses, no employee stock purchase plan (that is huge), poor employee recognition, favoritism, salaries below competition fail to meet cost of living increases. Outdated technology. Changes to policies/procedures and staffing not well communicated to the entire associate population. Projects slip or fail due to lack of communication. Too many Vice Presidents. Still not a true National Company.

Advice to Management

Make it a great place to work, recognize and reward successes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stay away from Health Net !

Current Employee - Health Net of the Northeast in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Health Net of the Northeast in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Health Net

Pros

I got lucky and my own supervisor has been very fair & supportive of me.....

Cons

Outdated technologies, poor communication between departments. extremely poor morale due to outsourcing and/or layoffs due to the company-wide reorganization.

Advice to Management

Senior Mgmt should be outsourced....surely someone from India or the Philipines could do no worse at a fraction of the salary, bonuses, benefits, & golden parachutes that Senior Mgmt. not enjoys.......

2. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Actuary in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Actuary in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Health Net

Pros

The company has given me a great work/life balance. The compensation and benefits package seem in line with other major companies in the health car industry. My colleagues are competent and very pleasant to work with. The company has a genuine interest in the well-being of its employees and recognizes it strong performers. Overall company morale is also quite good.

Cons

I have noticed a lot of duplication of efforts across the company. There are frequent organizational and departmental restructurings that make it difficult to ever get situated comfortably. Seems like these restructurings happen every time I been to figure out the latest structure.

Advice to Management

I don't work with Senior Management.