There are newer employer reviews for Health Net

As a rookie in the Sales and Marketing Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Health Net

Pros

I was encouraged quite frequently by my superiors. Such positive culture (providing constructive feedback and recognize individual accomplishment) fostered an incredible team unity that was great for a new starter like me to observe.

Cons

I was often given very limited instruction by my direct supervisor. I didn't need any extensive hand-holding, yet I believe that work quality can be much enhanced and a lack of efficiency from rectifying rookie mistakes over and over again and be eliminated had management provide a more clear direction upon task assignment.

There were great leaders in the company, yet middle management retention seems quite low. This must be hurting Health Net's performances! Management should also help communicate the link between company success and personal/career development to create greater employee motivation.

137 Other Employee Reviews for Health Net (View Most Recent)

Great Pay, Poorly Managed

Current Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Health Net

Pros

Company pays well compare to industry standard.

Cons

Constant constant constant reorganization. Senior management jumps on every idea that sounds remotely good, and then cuts the plan in the 11th hour when they realize they bit off more than they could chew. Senior management acts like politicians... employees are smart enough to know how things work, but they just put on a smile, and tell you everything is excellent. The next day, layoffs hit, budgets are slashed, etc etc. Tell your employees the truth!!! It pays to be up front and honest with lower level management and employees. Nobody likes to be blatently lied too, but it seems as though thats the usual story!

Quit.

Just OK ...

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Health Net

Pros

Flexibility between work / life. Telecommuting and working remotely helps to offset rising costs for fuel, clothing, food, etc. Location is important to me. At least in California, Health Net seems to be surviving this economic crisis. Teamwork and collaboration between departments along with an open door policy help to facilitate a healthy work environment.

Cons

Compensation / Benefits - lousy dental plan, no bonuses, no employee stock purchase plan (that is huge), poor employee recognition, favoritism, salaries below competition fail to meet cost of living increases. Outdated technology. Changes to policies/procedures and staffing not well communicated to the entire associate population. Projects slip or fail due to lack of communication. Too many Vice Presidents. Still not a true National Company.

Make it a great place to work, recognize and reward successes.

There are newer employer reviews for Health Net