There are newer employer reviews for Health Net

Difficult place to work right now. Company struggling financially. Lots of layoffs and a loss of company pride.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Rancho Cordova, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Health Net

Pros

People are great -- supportive, friendly. They pay pretty well to get you in the door

Cons

They tease you with the promise of managment incentive bonuses, but two out of the last six years have paid nothing. Even though my performance is always rated Excellent, I've never received the % bonus for my level. There's always some excuse -- the plan was underfunded, the money went to another business unit or the company didn't meet its goals. After awhile that rhetoric gets old.

May be time to jettison Gellert as CEO but somehow the board doesn't have the will to do it.

134 Other Employee Reviews for Health Net (View Most Recent)

As a rookie in the Sales and Marketing Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Health Net

Pros

I was encouraged quite frequently by my superiors. Such positive culture (providing constructive feedback and recognize individual accomplishment) fostered an incredible team unity that was great for a new starter like me to observe.

Cons

I was often given very limited instruction by my direct supervisor. I didn't need any extensive hand-holding, yet I believe that work quality can be much enhanced and a lack of efficiency from rectifying rookie mistakes over and over again and be eliminated had management provide a more clear direction upon task assignment.

There were great leaders in the company, yet middle management retention seems quite low. This must be hurting Health Net's performances! Management should also help communicate the link between company success and personal/career development to create greater employee motivation.

Great Pay, Poorly Managed

Current Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Health Net

Pros

Company pays well compare to industry standard.

Cons

Constant constant constant reorganization. Senior management jumps on every idea that sounds remotely good, and then cuts the plan in the 11th hour when they realize they bit off more than they could chew. Senior management acts like politicians... employees are smart enough to know how things work, but they just put on a smile, and tell you everything is excellent. The next day, layoffs hit, budgets are slashed, etc etc. Tell your employees the truth!!! It pays to be up front and honest with lower level management and employees. Nobody likes to be blatently lied too, but it seems as though thats the usual story!

Quit.