There are newer employer reviews for Health Net of California

My experience working for the company was good. I just had a manager who was very difficult without compassion

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Health Net of California

Pros

The pay is good. The benefits are great. If you find a department you love stay there.

Cons

They hold back important information from employees i.e. financial trouble which led to reduction in force.

Before you discipline an employee, get all of your facts right. I was retaliated against because I was out on worker's compensation. I went from an exceptional employee to an employee that was put on probation within a 3 month time. I ended up going out on stress and eventually got laid off while out on disability.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Health Net of California (View Most Recent)

Good working environment.

Former Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Health Net of California full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good employee morale. Everyone is happy to do their work.

Cons

Constant change of senior management strategy.

Good intentions, insightful CEO (Jay Gellert), weak execution by the rest of the senior management leadership

I worked at Health Net of California full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Better than average salaries. good bonuses in good earning years. Will do well in a mass market by following the herd. Good place to work if you don't like change. Good financial area keeps the business running, in spite of lack of operational expense controls and management.

Cons

No delivery or integrity to support company values, very weak senior management and leadership, rampant crony-ism, promotions and praise for incumbent 'friends'. Operational management and leaders are over their experience and competency levels to manage their businesses or their people, actively fight any change, and lack mature leadership to make and act on necessary decisions.

I can't say this more gently: get rid of any management or leader who is not or cannot be objective and professional and with visible experience elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Health Net of California

Worked for Health Net of California? Contribute to the Community!