There are newer employer reviews for Health Services Advisory Group

Resistive to change and new ideas

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and teamwork within our group.

Cons

Extremely high staff turnover
No autonomy
No opportunity for professional growth
Unprofessional and disrespectful management
Staff not utilized to their full potential

Disrespecting, threatening, and micromanaging employees does not foster loyalty.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Health Services Advisory Group (View Most Recent)

good experience, terrible management and company culture

I have been working at Health Services Advisory Group full-time

Pros

good pay, opportunity to learn and move up ladder

Cons

very rigid culture, very unprofessional members of management

Night of the Living Dead

Former Employee - Performance Improvement Specialist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Performance Improvement Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Health Services Advisory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Coffee (you'll need it).

If you have experience with EQR - go for it.

If you're in the witness protection program - even better - coworkers are not nosy at all.

Cons

It wouldn't feel like Night of the Living Dead here if people would just smile. But this is that kind of place - full of a lot of very unhappy folks. Like a black hole of discomfort - people don't even say hi when you address them and it's completely acceptable for them not to.

Severely lacking in communication, team development and leadership. No measurable/attainable goals. No evaluation standards. High degree of nepotism. This is why the teams are so disheveled and mismatched.

You are trained by being criticized for the mistakes you make - after you've made them - even though you didn't know you were making them. Oh and BTW - that's all your fault too. And so is all of this. And a bunch of other stuff I haven't told you about yet..

The company culture is passive aggressive, paranoid, and somewhat narcissistic. Online training modules include how to identify spies in the workplace. (I'm not kidding).

Turnaround is a problem that is only made worse by poor hiring practices, mediocre pay, and very low morale. People really are just biding time.

These are not people people, they're not used to non-analytical types and they love to reinvent the wheel. If you're unsure, or this is not your thing, don't do it - run!

Phoenix is still small.
    You're starting to get a bad reputation.

Do more in the way of orientation, leadership development, and setting measurable and attainable goals from day 1. You have a great HR team that you are not even utilizing.

Start amping up your leadership and busting the whip on your directors to do some real team development.

Move away from the friends and family mentality. Conduct interviews and make decisions based on an applicant's qualifications - not how you feel about them.

Have different members of leadership openly round on employees and actively participate in candidate interviews and job descriptions so the different departments feel cohesive.

I hope the directors you hire leave HSAG better than they've found it - and I suspect they will leave. I'll be watching....

There are newer employer reviews for Health Services Advisory Group

Worked for Health Services Advisory Group? Contribute to the Community!