HealthEast Care System

www.healtheast.org
There are newer employer reviews for HealthEast Care System

Great flexibility, work life balance and values!

Current Employee - Finance
Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time (less than a year)

Pros

work life balance, flexible schedule, great people, the company was built on solid values and is doing it's best to maintain this foundation while keeping up with the demands on healthcare systems these days, tuition reimbursement, PTO is very competitive

Cons

uncertain future (which is the same for most healthcare systems in this economy and with healthcare reform)

To compete with other employers and maintain the honor of Best Place to Work, empower employees with control over their schedules when possible. Keep in the direction of flexible work schedules as well as offering work from home opportunities for employees occassionally.

32 Other Employee Reviews for HealthEast Care System (View Most Recent)

Decades behind in standard business practices, especially quality and general management. Very non-diverse in beliefs.

I worked at HealthEast Care System

Pros

Overall mission of company is honorable. Wants to be a top medical player in the country. Some smart people who stick around because they've worked out comfortable work schedules.

Cons

Innovation is a negative word--everyone is afraid of change. Top management is highly dysfunctional and very ineffective, including HR. Not for people who are cutting edge in their fields and ambitious to make improvements.

Look for deadweight in management. Eliminate those who don't practice the values and who are yes men who are actually quite incompetent.

I LOVE MY JOB!

Current Employee - EHR Analyst in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - EHR Analyst in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

HealthEast has always provided opportunities for me to grow and find positions that accommodate my needs. I absolutely love my job and the people I work with, and I am compensated well for my skills and take pride in my work.

HealthEast provides generous amounts of PTO, retirement savings matching, fitness and well-being classes, and many more great benefits.

Cons

Some management is hit or miss and poor managers or employees not pulling their weight are not often dealt with or moved out quickly. I would not say that this is a large problem but it exists.

VBI is not a one-size-fits-all approach in this type of environment and seems to be producing some discord with employees who are not finding it valuable.

There is a point where LEAN is too lean.

There are newer employer reviews for HealthEast Care System