There are newer employer reviews for HealthEast Care System

Excellent health care employer in Twin Cities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

HealthEast provides great benefits, they encourage professional development and often promote from within. I can't imagine working for a different health care company.

Cons

Wish work was closer to home.

31 Other Employee Reviews for HealthEast Care System (View Most Recent)

I love my job, but management is hit and miss

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time for more than a year

Pros

HealthEast is a large healthcare organization, and the opportunities for career growth are exceptional. I've been there for 15 months now, and transferred into my perfect job 4 months ago. I feel like the senior-level leadership is very visible and engaged, though i have yet to meet our new CEO. And my Co-workers are all excellent. HealthEast attracts the best if the best when it comes to nurses. The clientele is diverse, but mostly suburban at my work sites, so no threats to my safety such as gang violence.

Cons

I feel that management at times is a bloated bureaucracy. It seems they can be out of touch with the working conditions and needs of front-line clinical staff. And the best and brightest nurses typically do not go into leadership positions, because managers have little power to affect real change and spend a lot of time doing paperwork and attending meetings.

Re-evaluate the whole "huddle" concept. HealthEast is so large that one-size-fits-all is not an appropriate ethos. Allow more shared governance, or the opportunity for field clinicians to help make the important decisions. Cut out some of the CEO/corporate people and give more authority to the managers, who are more in-touch with the needs of their staff.

Company is lacking in most things, they are a follower, not a leader

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexibility, good pay, minimum work stress, good benefits, good work-life balance

Cons

Leadership at corporate is non-existent, mostly women, no collaboration, expectations are unknown, old crappy building, no room to grow, company doesn't seem to care about employee growth and happiness. The company is way behind in too many things to list.

The following is taken from another reviewer and is completely true: Innovation is a negative word--everyone is afraid of change. Top management is highly dysfunctional and very ineffective, including HR. Not for people who are cutting edge in their fields and ambitious to make improvements.

Upper management, like in most companies, needs to listen to the workers, the people doing the work, and let them improve the very inefficient processes.

There are newer employer reviews for HealthEast Care System

Worked for HealthEast Care System? Contribute to the Community!