HealthEast Care System

www.healtheast.org
There are newer employer reviews for HealthEast Care System

Management is horrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

At one time HE was a good company to work for.

Cons

Management treats their employees like crap. They show favoritism toward some employees and treat others unfairly. Management seems to think it is professional to tell their female employees that they need to "Pull up their big girl panties and move on." Very hostile toward employees and very disrespectful regarding employees feelings and thoughts. Comments made by management are degrading.

Don't work in management if you are unable to communicate with your employees with a level of respect. People do not deserve to be treated with such disregard. I work with a great bunch of people and they don't deserve the way they are being treated on a daily basis. People are leaving because they are unable to deal with the abusive treatment. Very sad.

36 Other Employee Reviews for HealthEast Care System (View Most Recent)

I love my job, but management is hit and miss

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HealthEast is a large healthcare organization, and the opportunities for career growth are exceptional. I've been there for 15 months now, and transferred into my perfect job 4 months ago. I feel like the senior-level leadership is very visible and engaged, though i have yet to meet our new CEO. And my Co-workers are all excellent. HealthEast attracts the best if the best when it comes to nurses. The clientele is diverse, but mostly suburban at my work sites, so no threats to my safety such as gang violence.

Cons

I feel that management at times is a bloated bureaucracy. It seems they can be out of touch with the working conditions and needs of front-line clinical staff. And the best and brightest nurses typically do not go into leadership positions, because managers have little power to affect real change and spend a lot of time doing paperwork and attending meetings.

Re-evaluate the whole "huddle" concept. HealthEast is so large that one-size-fits-all is not an appropriate ethos. Allow more shared governance, or the opportunity for field clinicians to help make the important decisions. Cut out some of the CEO/corporate people and give more authority to the managers, who are more in-touch with the needs of their staff.

Excellent health care employer in Twin Cities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at HealthEast Care System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

HealthEast provides great benefits, they encourage professional development and often promote from within. I can't imagine working for a different health care company.

Cons

Wish work was closer to home.

There are newer employer reviews for HealthEast Care System