HealthEdge Software

There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software

Overall it was good

Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
Former Contractor - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at HealthEdge Software as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

* Work is pure development mostly in core java, web services.
* Very good work life balance. Though you have to meet deadlines but there is no fire fighting.
* There is little demarcation between consultants and full time employees of the company. Since I was working as a consultant I use to enjoy the company of the people around me.
* Work is not super challenging. It can be pros for somebody and cons for someone else. So it really depends what you want to do.

Cons

* There are basically two teams there. One is core team who works on a product and the other is Integration team who are mostly consultants. Consultants need to know about the product to use their APIs. I felt some people in product team are rude and not helping other people. They think they are the most intelligent people in this world. I have met much more intelligent people than them and found much more helpful than them. Someone has to do something related to this.
* From technology perspective, they don't use much. Most of the work will be confined to Core Java.

Haven't got chance to talk to upper management but I know they are super smart people.

20 Other Employee Reviews for HealthEdge Software (View Most Recent)

Be careful with your choice

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good salary and health insurance.

Cons

1) No direction or vision from senior management, 2) cheap with support items such as: not issuing a corporate card or broadband internet for traveling consultants, 3) no 401k match, 4) inaccurate statements about culture, bonuses, work/life balance during the interview process, 5) work people to death.

It does not matter whether you are a start up company or not. You can't continue to use that as an excuse for lack of direction, vision, etc

Superb people, outstanding technology, tough customers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at HealthEdge Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at HealthEdge was a highlight of my career. The team is exceptionally smart and capable, and the senior management have done a great job of building an agile company and product that can upset the status quo in the healthcare software marketplace. If I hadn't been leaving to start my own company, I would still be there today.

Cons

Healthcare software isn't a glamorous business, and healthcare companies can be very slow to make decisions and complex to work with. At the end of the day, HealthEdge is selling enterprise software to big companies, and that process can be frustrating at times. As a result, the company had some churn in the sales organization in the early days when trying to find the right people to sell the product, but in recent years it has hit its stride. If you are looking for a lightweight, consumer-facing, mobile/social-type tech startup, this is probably not the place for you.

There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software