HealthEdge Software

www.healthedge.com
  www.healthedge.com
There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software

It's nice to be with a market leader

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company has killer technology, and a really strong team. They have become a market leader, with a lot of activity. There is good energy in the company, and everyone knows that they are working for a winner. The company is growing very quickly.

Cons

We need to keep hiring more people, so that we can meet customer demand. Our office space is getting tight, and is almost full again.

Keep up the good work!

20 Other Employee Reviews for HealthEdge Software (View Most Recent)

Overall it was good

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at HealthEdge Software as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

* Work is pure development mostly in core java, web services.
    * Very good work life balance. Though you have to meet deadlines but there is no fire fighting.
    * There is little demarcation between consultants and full time employees of the company. Since I was working as a consultant I use to enjoy the company of the people around me.
    * Work is not super challenging. It can be pros for somebody and cons for someone else. So it really depends what you want to do.

Cons

* There are basically two teams there. One is core team who works on a product and the other is Integration team who are mostly consultants. Consultants need to know about the product to use their APIs. I felt some people in product team are rude and not helping other people. They think they are the most intelligent people in this world. I have met much more intelligent people than them and found much more helpful than them. Someone has to do something related to this.
    * From technology perspective, they don't use much. Most of the work will be confined to Core Java.

Haven't got chance to talk to upper management but I know they are super smart people.

Be careful with your choice

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good salary and health insurance.

Cons

1) No direction or vision from senior management, 2) cheap with support items such as: not issuing a corporate card or broadband internet for traveling consultants, 3) no 401k match, 4) inaccurate statements about culture, bonuses, work/life balance during the interview process, 5) work people to death.

It does not matter whether you are a start up company or not. You can't continue to use that as an excuse for lack of direction, vision, etc

There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software