There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software

The Health Insurance Software a Dot Com Like Ride!

Current Employee - Professional Services Team Member in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Professional Services Team Member in Burlington, MA

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- High Salaries - Agile Shop - Nice people to work with - Good road warrior support

Cons

- Poor benefits: No matching 401K - Very little work - life balance (50 - 60 hrs/week) - Can be called to any client site in the US at a moments notice - Egotistic Upper Management - If you don't have a strong background in health insurance operations - Forget this place

Advice to Management

You have a slash of cultures. HealthEdge is an Agile software shop and all their clients are medium to large anal health insurance companies. Don't shove Agile down their throats. Also, hire more SMEs & Tech Leads. To many PMs & PDs. There are only a handful of people with more the 3 years experience at the company.

Other Employee Reviews for HealthEdge Software

1. Exciting, Demanding, Complex, but Fun

Current Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is leading its market Enterprise Software that is exciting to work on. Some kind of new partnership with Optum that seems to be adding to growth Management team seems to know what their doing Company has been more than fair to me. (Unscheduled raise and bonus in year one)

Cons

Office space is very tight but we are supposed to move to new HQ soon. Need more info. Infrequent company wide meetings. Management was frugal during start up phase. Now that company is growing they need to relax a little. No coffee provided for example. I bring my own K-Cups but why?

Advice to Management

Get serious about regular company meetings. Share the strategy and the good news more often. Make the environment more relaxed. The recent MVP thing was a good idea. Rumors about benefit changes due to merger. What will this mean?

I enjoy the people and the technical part of the work, but the culture is poor

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many good people Growing business Complex UNIX based technology which is much more fun to work with than windows

Cons

Growing pains Space is an issue Employees are not highly valued, considered easily replaced in most cases Cramped workspace with no perks, not even coffee Minimal benefits, no 401k match

Advice to Management

People are your most valuable resource. If you're not careful you won't have the skills you need to continue to grow. Communicate more and reward achievements.