There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software

The Health Insurance Software a Dot Com Like Ride!

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- High Salaries
- Agile Shop
- Nice people to work with
- Good road warrior support

Cons

- Poor benefits: No matching 401K
- Very little work - life balance (50 - 60 hrs/week)
- Can be called to any client site in the US at a moments notice
- Egotistic Upper Management
- If you don't have a strong background in health insurance operations - Forget this place

You have a slash of cultures. HealthEdge is an Agile software shop and all their clients are medium to large anal health insurance companies. Don't shove Agile down their throats. Also, hire more SMEs & Tech Leads. To many PMs & PDs. There are only a handful of people with more the 3 years experience at the company.

19 Other Employee Reviews for HealthEdge Software (View Most Recent)

The challenges of any startup but with a good team and a great product.

Current Employee - Professional Services
    Current Employee - Professional Services

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- A growing company with a solid core product
    - Professional services team management is improving the culture and level of support
    - Generally bright, motivated, and engaged peers

Cons

As with any startup
    - much of the information about the product, the company, procedures and best practices is not well documented so learning as a new-hire is difficult
    - roles and responsibilities and procedures are in flux so sometimes it's hard to know who to talk to

Mostly continue efforts already underway, like
    - improve support (documents, procedures, tools) for professional services staff
    - move from 'someone knows the answer' to 'the answer is available here'
    - more frequent contact between remote employees and the home office

Strong Management Team, Great Product and Passionate Colleagues!

I have been working at HealthEdge Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

• One of the strongest C-level teams I've ever worked for - they really operate as a team and have been very successful bringing in some exceptional new management talent to join the ranks.

• The company has developed a very strong product, one that everyone at HealthEdge genuinely appears to be excited about growing & supporting, across all levels of the organization.

• With a great product and all-star team behind it comes growth - and HealthEdge is certainly growing! It's an exciting time to be a part of the the team here - we have a rapidly growing customer base, a lot of new faces and talent, and a ton of opportunity.

• Despite our quickly growing team, Sr. Management appears to be working diligently at maintaining the "family" type of atmosphere in the office. I definitely see a concerted effort to recognize hard work and contributions - and amazingly, even with our growth, our Sr. Management folks have remained connected and in-tune with day-to-day operations.

• Management is very supportive of investing in the tools & technology needed internally to help our teams be more effective and productive - it's great to have that kind of support from each corner to help us collaborate in the ways we need to.

Cons

• Growth, especially at the rapid rate we are experiencing, can be challenging. It means we need to adapt quickly to growing employee support needs and it means that we need to become more effective communicators internally. Most folks seem to recognize and appreciate these things though, which makes rolling with the punches much easier. It also helps to have colleagues that you trust and can laugh with.

• With so many new faces, some regular, informal company-sponsored social activities could help with on-boarding and relationship building between teams.

Keep up the momentum building! You have all of the ingredients needed to take HealthEdge to the next level - continue to invest in our product and our team here. Folks genuinely appreciate knowing that you are aware of and appreciate our hard work - we'll continue to work hard for you if we know you are there to support us!

There are newer employer reviews for HealthEdge Software