Solid Organization, Great Culture

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bloomington, MN
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bloomington, MN

I worked at HealthPartners full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture is easy to understand and be a part of and embraced by employees Salaries seem to be at market rate Management at all levels is accessible and approachable Team Atmosphere

Cons

Slower to embrace technology Challenge to find growth opportunities for talented mid-level professionals Company promotes wellness but doesn't take the necessary leaps to make full corporate engagement a true reality

Advice to Management

Define a career path and mentor path for mid level professionals

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Healthpartners

Former Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Medical Office Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at HealthPartners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pros that it offer get pay and benefits also most of the positions are union because it gives you job security.

Cons

It can also be a con that the jobs are union too because you can get bumped from you position if someone has more seniority then you.

2. Great culture, integrity and balanced work life

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at HealthPartners

Pros

-flexbility- I can come in as early as 6AM, when the building opens -culture- sustainability, we compost all organic waste and all the food containers are biodegradable -Location -Free parking -By light rail and public bus depot -Healthy cafeteria -Mission- it really extends beyond the people we serve but also our staff. HealthPartners have a lot of healthy workforce initiatives. We have sit stand stations and everyone has 2 monitors computers.

Cons

-Mobility, people stay here a long time. It's not unusual to have people stay 10+ years. So there is very low turnover -No status change. I've worked as a contractor/temp (not through any agency) for a long time and still no opportunity to convert. People can work up to three years without benefits.

Advice to Management

Provide health insurance to all your staff--despite status designation. It's ironic to work for an insurance company yet be among the uninsured. Provide incentives for young people to grow and stick around. The turn over is so low that there isn't any room to advance or grow. Foster innovation and support professional development. The healthcare industry is changing quickly and staying current will be key to sucess and a market leader.