Room for improvement

I worked at HealthPort

Pros

Some of my co-workers were great to work with.

Cons

Was working a rough work schedule.

Advice to Management

Needs to be more communication between departments

reviews filtered by
  1. Progress is possible

I have been working at HealthPort

Pros

People are dedicated to pushing things forward

Cons

Sometimes details are lost in the push to achieve dates

Advice to Management

Can't think of any

Its a paycheck but it could be so much more...

I have been working at HealthPort

Pros

I appreciate my job and my pay is fair. I also like the fact that I get a discount on daycare and its close by the office so I save time and gas.

Cons

My fellow employees and managers who I work around and communicate with on a daily basis are generally unhappy and disatisfied with the lack of VP leadership in IT, Marketing and HR/Payroll. The VP management is poor at communication, leading change, resolving issues, setting clear standards
    and generally their approaches to work challenges are just laughable. They are completly self-serving and care more about their paychecks and bonuses then the company or its employees. We don't usually see them interact much with us common employees and when they do its usually uncomfortable because they are generally clueless about the realities of our daily work and workload.

Advice to Management

Replace the IT, Marketing and HR VP leaders with more qualifed individuals. The current VPs in these groups have apparently taken us far enough into the hole we are all trying to bail out of each week. The CEO/President, Mike Labedz or an independent outside company (NOT HR) should conduct an employee survey on the VP leadership. If he did, he would find out clearly that the majority of the employees in these groups and those that interact with them think the VPs in IT, Marketing and HR are laughable and poor excuses for leadership. Their lack of professionalism, self-serving attitude and general ineptness make almost everyone extremely uncomfortable about the Company's future and even their own careers. Please look into making leadership changes so we can realize a strong future for our company and enjoy our work. Everyone I know here dosn't mind working hard but they all think these VPs are a joke and wonder why top leaders like Mike would allow poor leadership in these depts to continue, especially if we want to better position the Company for going public. The market is teaming with talent these days and the Company and its employees could do much better and be more productive under new leadership in Alpharetta. Instead of continuing to make cuts at the lower levels just to reduce headcount, cut these higher up people who don't actually know what they are doing, seem not to care about it and are not equiped or qualified to lead the Company to a higher level of success.