There are newer employer reviews for HealthPort

Its ok

Current Employee - Release of Information Specialist in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Release of Information Specialist in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at HealthPort

Pros

Decent compensation for the area, they do offer PTO (barely but it is there), with the badges given to you by hospitals that you work at (aka not your actual employer) you can get some decent discounts with some larger businesses (Verizon, Sprint).

Cons

Benefits are.. lacking grately.
Upper management is lacking in leadership and communication skills.
Our Christmas bonus last year was a pack of bandaids, a lanyard, and sanitizing handwash. (atleast they give you one but... really?)

Listen to others, Stay staffed, stand behind/fight for your employees, always keep your word, openly communicate <--- cant key in enough on openly communicate with employees

119 Other Employee Reviews for HealthPort (View Most Recent)

Not a bad place to work, but the corporate office did not care about the locations outside of Georgia.

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Nixa, MO
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Nixa, MO

I worked at HealthPort

Pros

Immediate manager was very professional and communicated well. Projects were interesting and immediately useful to clients. Schedule was not very taxing.

Cons

Very poor senior management during multiple buyouts. Poor communication from headquarters to the bought out companies. Poor overall benefits even in the region.

Learn to protect customer data and perform backups. Learn to care about people that live outside of Georgia.

Overall Satisified. However, the environment is extremely intense at some moments

I have been working at HealthPort full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is very understanding of emergencies, needing family to come first, and the need to get away from the office to maintain sanity.
    I am still learning something new weekly even after several years in the same position.
    Great job security -- always have a plentiful amount of work.

Cons

I'm quite positive that the stress at this job will never be topped.
    Company going through a lot of growing pains.
    I have a blackberry, 3G USB card, laptop AND a desktop. Pretty much every reason to be available 24/7/365 and never stop working.

7 observed company holiday's and two weeks of paid vacation is not much. We gladly work hard for you, but with a high intensity, needed it five minutes ago job, two weeks is not nearly enough.
    Working from home every once in a while would boost productivity and help with morale.
    Be careful not to bully your employees when they make a mistake. And showing your appreciation for their hard work every once in a while will go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for HealthPort