There are newer employer reviews for HealthSouth

Great place to work. salary could be better

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist
Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at HealthSouth

Pros

technology
good people to work with
flexible

Cons

salary
difficult to advance in pay

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Love out-patient but new managment began push number race which is impossible to keep and treat patients well.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at HealthSouth

Pros

Generous PTO
    Dont have to work weekends at all in outpatient (a big plus)

Cons

Very intense work schedules up to 18 patients per day, seeing a patient or eval every 1/2 hour back to back, no documentation time (doc. time is done on your own time) but must be in by the end of the day. Quality of patient treatments have definitely suffered and this is a direct result of the very compressed, rushed schedules. I would not want to be a patient here. Outpatient department is very micromanaged now.

Advice to Management

Let the therapists do what we are trained to do: give good, quality, creative, fabulous therapy. But we need time to do it. People know when they are getting good treatment and when they are not.

The culture of the work place is extremely Insulting to nursing as a profession

Current Employee - RN-BSN
    Current Employee - RN-BSN

I have been working at HealthSouth

Pros

The honor of being able to care for patients and make a difference in the lives of others.

Cons

The Bottom line is more important than the people working for them. Miromanaged. Empowerment of the nurses as professional is not allowed. They do not respect nurses as professionals and do not encourage critical thinking and independent thought. That is why they cannot attract professional well educated RNs.

Advice to Management

Listen to the nurses. Just because nurses do not bring in the money like the rehab staff; remember people are admitted to hospitals for nursing care. Without nurses you do not exist. You want to retain well qualified and educated nurses, treat them like professionals. Allow them to have a voice. Listen to them and respect them. I encourage all Levels of management to read "its your ship". Use Capt Michael Abrashoff from USN leadership approach and you will turn this company around. Profits will sore and retention of staff will increase drastically.