HealthSouth
www.healthsouth.com Birmingham, AL 5000+ Employees

Challenging and Patient Focused

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL

ProsPatient Focused Hospital. Hospital's culture is to deliver strong patient outcomes and a better patient experience. Hospital invest in employees with a very high number of certified registered rehabilitation nurses and several joint commission disease specific certifications. Many in-hospital educational opportunities. Strong medical staff. Good patient care team and getting better.

ConsWork is challenging but rewarding. People with marginal skills mixes do not seem to last very long as expectations are high to achieve outcomes and expected patient experience. Hospital is old but clean. Hospital needs replacing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHospital management is visible and accessable. Hospital management on first name basis with employees. Good benefits. Pay is competitive but expectations are higher.

Run far far far far away

Supervisor (Current Employee)
    Reading, PA

I have been working at HealthSouth full-time for more than a year

Pros: There are no words that can say anything good about… Cons: Poorly managed by department heads. This company treats employess… Advice to Senior Management: Replace all the department heads including the CEO No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Has always been a good comapny to work for.

Memphis, TN

I have been working at HealthSouth full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Secure job. They aren't always looking to lay people off, and love a low… Cons: Scary times in the past with Schrushy. Scary times now with OBAMA care. NUrsing staff can be very shady at… Advice to Senior Management: Get better nurses and more nursing techs Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on HealthSouth.

Worked for HealthSouth? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HealthSouth reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for HealthSouth CEO Jay Grinney. All reviews posted anonymously by HealthSouth employees.