There are newer employer reviews for HealthStream

It was like going back to 1996.

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Senior Developer in Nashville, TN

I worked at HealthStream

Pros

Located in coolest building in Nashville.

Cons

Senior management who have imbeded themselves into the knowledge chain and carry an unprofessional attitude when new smart thinking is introduced. Inability to define product requirements. Inability to execute. Inability to know or recognize good talent so as a result have many subpar performers. A zero creative quotient. Now forceing the development staff to move from cubes and to sit around cheap tables. This decision was made by a cto and vp who are not visionary without really listening to the staff. I personally know more than half of the staff is looking else where for employment because i am hiring and have had thier resumes come across my desk. "Butts in seats" is something I've personally heard a few of the leaders say. Seriously?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It's helps me recruit your better performers. It makes it easy actually. Im sure with all that cash on hand HealthStrsam will aquire another company or two who will easily push out poor top leadership. Good luck, Bobby.

reviews filtered by

HealthStream

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at HealthStream

Pros

Location is great in nashville

Cons

Senior Management does not listen to middle management.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

Not the best place to work

Former Employee - Interviewer in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Interviewer in Laurel, MD

I worked at HealthStream

Pros

The environment is quiet and the work load is not heavy. You get your own desk and a semi-comfortable break room.

Cons

Supervisors have preferences when it comes to employees. Although everyone has their own desk, privacy is not enforced well. Awards are chosen randomly, and the people that do a good job but aren't well known with the supervisors do not get recognized.

Advice to Management

More flexible scheduling, enforce respect for privacy and personal belongings, bigger break area, more opportunity to get recognized for a job well done.