Average place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HealthStream full-time

Pros

Not a bad place to work. People are nice enough. Benefits and pay are average. Bonus's are quarterly but only 1%. Annual bonus can net about 2%. Easy enought access to I-65. Gym is in Cummins Stataion and can joing at a discount. A few place to eat in the building or walk to the Flying Saucer or the Frist Cafe but other than those choses then you have to drive. Most section managers are good about work/life management and giving time off to take care of personal issues. Revenue growth of the company continues to grow but research a bit deeper and you will find that it may be due too luck more so than sound strategy.

Cons

If you have to travel then be prepared to pay out of your own pocket although HR says it's a quick turn around; do not believe it. This is a SaaS company and not a true healthcare company. Several areas are understaffed especially in IT so do not expect immediate help although MIS tries really hard. I would not recommend this company to anyone who wants to grow professionally.

The senior management has been lucky to date in that Healthstream enjoy about a 40% piece of the market. but don't get too comfortable.

Other Reviews for HealthStream

It was like going back to 1996.

Former Employee - Senior Developer  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Nashville, TN

I worked at HealthStream

Pros

Located in coolest building in Nashville.

Cons

Senior management who have imbeded themselves into the knowledge chain and carry an unprofessional attitude when new smart thinking is introduced. Inability to define product requirements. Inability to execute. Inability to know or recognize good talent so as a result have many subpar performers. A zero creative quotient. Now forceing the development staff to move from cubes and to sit around cheap tables. This decision was made by a cto and vp who are not visionary without really listening to the staff. I personally know more than half of the staff is looking else where for employment because i am hiring and have had thier resumes come across my desk. "Butts in seats" is something I've personally heard a few of the leaders say. Seriously?

Keep doing what you are doing. It's helps me recruit your better performers. It makes it easy actually. Im sure with all that cash on hand HealthStrsam will aquire another company or two who will easily push out poor top leadership. Good luck, Bobby.

HealthStream

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at HealthStream

Pros

Location is great in nashville

Cons

Senior Management does not listen to middle management.

Listen to employees

There are newer employer reviews for HealthStream.

Worked for HealthStream? Contribute to the Community!