There are newer employer reviews for HealthTap

Laughter life and love

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at HealthTap full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Lots of laughter life and love in the office...this is a special place
* Amazing peer recognition at team meetings, fun awards
* Great office location, free good meals, and Isaac (the nicest person you will ever work with)
* Becoming a better place to work all the time with better people
* Positive and inspiring on so many levels

Cons

* Expectations are high so its up to you to manage them and your own workload
* The commitment is not for everyone so there is some turnover
* People often stay in for lunch and work a lot so socializing out of work is less frequent than at companies where everyone goes out at the same time

Preserve the spirit of the company has we grow and keep improving

47 Other Employee Reviews for HealthTap (View Most Recent)

True startup, true challenge, true reward!

I have been working at HealthTap full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've lived in Silicon Valley for several years and had always wanted to work at a startup. I get a thrill off of new challenges and opportunities for growth, and I believe startups can offer that, and then some.

So far, my experience has been what I was looking for. Not only do I get to learn something new everyday, I am getting opportunities to work on projects that are expanding my knowledge base and providing me with a new set of skills.

The best part? I work for an organization that is mission driven and is full of people that are working hard to change the word. REALLY CHANGE THE WORLD. It is not an east task and it’s amazing to see how committed and passionate everyone is around here.

Some people want to change the world, some of us actually get to do it!

Cons

Long hours, if you consider that a con. I knew coming in that the opportunity would entail long hours to get the job done, and I was comfortable with that. Though, I’ve found the company to be flexible enough that I’ve been able to work around the long hours and still have a life outside of work, spend time with my loved ones and even go to the gym 4-5 times a week.

We are also moving fast and our lines of communication could be improved. Though, I’ve worked full-time for over a decade and I’ve seen communication needing improvement everywhere, from big to small companies, fortune 500s to family owned. To turn a con to a pro, I also want to tackle improving that!

In summary, the GLASS will only be empty if you choose to see it that way. It is up to each individual to make the most of what they have. Startup life is NOT for everyone so if you rather stick to standard work hours, be provided with all the information you need to get the job done, and have the type of structured job that doesn’t stretch you, then this may not be right for you at this time. Startups can’t be startups for life and processes and improvements come from time, experience and a better understanding of what’s in front of you.

Make improving lines of communication between departments/teams a priority. Everything is a priority when living the startup life, but better communication can really improve efficiency and make projects (while moving fast) much easier.

Amazing company

Current Employee - Online Marketing Analyst  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at HealthTap full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very passionate and exceptionally talented team. Great product that profoundly impacts and saves people's lives. Fast paced innovation. Opportunities for growth. Close collaboration. Inspiring and experienced leadership. Fantastic office location. Delicious catered food. Fun events. Energizing environment.

Cons

I am fortunate to have found a company that is a perfect fit for me. :)

There are newer employer reviews for HealthTap

Worked for HealthTap? Contribute to the Community!