Healthcare Parking Systems of America

Unclaimed Profile

Enjoyed my years with HPSA - would recommend it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Healthcare Parking Systems of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working closely with the valets, local management and national executives. A very unique business model - which provided critical customer service to local hospitals. It certainly jump-started my career and provided some good experiences.

Cons

It's a hard job - lots of early hours, but to me the payoff was challenging ourselves to better our service to patients and learn as much as possible from the hospitals and HPSA. Additionally, if you are lucky enough to get a good location... the tips are good as a valet (considering the small amount of time you spend parking and delivering a car).

Advice to Management

More training - we used to have a training guy that traveled around and provide orientations and service standards workshops. He left the comapny and training seemed to taper off after that. Revamp the uniforms. Lastly, maybe a yearly service contest for top employees with the reward being the ability to gather and network at a HPSA conference?

Other Employee Reviews for Healthcare Parking Systems of America

1. Easy job, cool people, good exercise.

Current Employee - Valet in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Valet in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Parking Systems of America part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, fit for a school job.

Cons

Pay is low, a lot of running.

Advice to Management

Management should pay more attention to details of what is going on at each location. Playing by the books doesn't always work in this industry. Customized assistance and procedures tend to work more efficiently. Not every hospital is the same.

Greedy management, poor management, lack of experience.

Former Employee - Valet in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Valet in Houston, TX

Pros

hire fast. great locations ( woman's Hospital of Texas)

Cons

no benefits, no sick days, no holidays, no vacations for entry level. greedy but cutting your paycheck short, moral hostility, nagging management.

Advice to Management

do more training on the parking machines, be fair with employees and honesty above all which means pay them respectively based on hours worked. provide internal promotions first instead of external.