Healthcare Scouts

www.healthcarescouts.com
  www.healthcarescouts.com
There are newer employer reviews for Healthcare Scouts

Really good career move for me!

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts

Pros

I've been in the hospitality industry working for a very low wage and tips. HealthCare Scouts gave me the chance to learn about staffing and work in a professional setting and still make commission. I've made over $85,000 a year the past couple of years. Wouldn't have made that in waiting tables where I was. Plus I have MUCH better schedule!

Cons

A better 401k plan or implement a profit sharing plan for employees.

None

Healthcare Scouts Response

Sep 13, 2014COO

I'm excited to hear you've progressed financially with HealthCare Scouts. We appreciate the feedback on our 401K program. At this time we don't currently match contribution but it is a project that ... More

20 Other Employee Reviews for Healthcare Scouts (View Most Recent)

Healthcare Scouts: Not a Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent entry level pay for their recruiting positions (which only require a HS Diploma).

Start at $30k/year, but the schedule is 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM (50 hrs/week). Equates to $11.53/hr (no overtime, as the position is salaried).

Tyler (President) and Danielle (Senior Manager) are well-qualified and enjoyable to work with, despite some of the counter-intuitive policies which are in place.

Cons

They will not hesitate to fire you without any type of performance warning. After your month-long probationary period, you will be immediately terminated if you are not placing candidates and producing revenue, despite how many good candidates you have found. If they are not hired by the client's HR dept, you will not be paid commission and you will be inching closer to termination.

Managers play favorites, which result in certain individuals having more submittals/placements (earning more money), and leaves other hard working employees working harder for less money and in constant worry about their job stability.

There is no teamwork in the company - a culture of competition is promoted. The employees are encouraged to contact any candidate they find, regardless of if that candidate is working with another Healthcare Scouts recruiter. This results in inter-office tension, which is exacerbated by the fact that you will be terminated for not placing candidates, even if another co-worker took the individual you were working with. This also makes the company appear disorganized to potential candidates, since they have multiple recruiters with the same company attempting to call them and offer them the same job.

You must wait AT LEAST 90-120 days (some cases over 6 months) before receiving commission for a placement. If you have a bad week or two with no placements during that time frame, you will be immediately terminated and not receive the commission you were owed.

Refine and streamline your submittal process. Stop playing favorites and evaluate everyone's candidates equally. It is only a matter of time before you face a wrongful termination lawsuit.

Eliminate the nepotism and encourage teamwork to promote a fun culture. Do away with the current tense culture, where back-stabbing is promoted (and almost required) to keep your job and place candidates.

Healthcare Scouts Response

Sep 13, 2014COO

Thank you for taking time to provide an extended review. While we understand HealthCare Scouts, Inc. will never be a 100% perfect match for everyone, we continue to encourage feedback such as this ... More

Healthcare recruitment - long hours and monotonous work.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthcare Scouts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people, the management, the money

Cons

Cold calling, long hours and monotonous daily routine

There are newer employer reviews for Healthcare Scouts