There are newer employer reviews for Healthcare Services Group

Avoid HCSG

Former Employee - Account Manager
Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Healthcare Services Group

Pros

Worked with competent and friendly people at the facility - those not employed by HCSG, managed a few hard working employees

Cons

Started at a salary of $26,000 and was promised a raise after 30 and 90 days. Needless to say neither of those happened. Health benefits are terrible and you pay a lot for them. There is no matching 401k. Vacation is 1 week after a year of employment, but good luck actually being able to use it. You are expected to work well over 40 hours a week and be on call 24/7. I wouldnt recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Stop allowing the district manager to tell bold faced lies when offering the job to an applicant. The running theme among these reviews is promises that never happen.

151 Other Employee Reviews for Healthcare Services Group (View Most Recent)

Treat their employees poorly.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group

Pros

I can not think of any unless you like to be micro managed.

Cons

Very low pay and poor upper leadership.

Treat your employees better. Allow your management team to manage without constantly micro-managing.

Strangest work environment yet.

Current Employee - Cook
    Current Employee - Cook

I have been working at Healthcare Services Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy improving the quality of life for long term care residents by doing the very best with what I have available to provide a tasty, nutritious meal for them. Managers have been caring and do the best they can under the circumstances.

Cons

Very little training (I trained myself by asking lots of questions and using my own common sense and experience). Essential supplies are hard to come by, including safety items and cleaning supplies. Management is constantly changing. Pay is lower than average, so it is hard to retain good kitchen staff(the good employees tend to move on to where the money is). Too many corners cut.

Give your kitchen staff what they need to do their jobs!

There are newer employer reviews for Healthcare Services Group