There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

Growing pains but on balance a pretty great place to work

Current Employee - Director Recruitment in New York, NY
Current Employee - Director Recruitment in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'd like to preface this by saying that a lot of the reviews here are 2 years old and Healthfirst is a very different company than it was in 2010. i have been here 4 months and it is one of the best jobs I have had in years because of the commitment of management to work together to forge solutions and the willingness to look at new ways of doing things even when it may be a bit uncomfortable. great place to work if you like to break things down and fix things.. not a good place if you like status quo and limited mental effort - you have to think on your feet here but I love that! High opoints: Opportunity to grow inter- and intra-departmentally Interesting and complex projects to work on whcih have a direct impact on the company Great training dept High ethical standard Work life balance is manageable NY office is great location and physical environment Highly diverse workforce and managment Company is highly respected in their market Benefits are very good with excellent dollar for dollar up to 6% 401k match after 1 year

Cons

Growing pains coming from being a small company medium size fairly rapidly so transactional processs have not always adapted to current needs efficiently Organizational and operational transitiions may not be easily embraced by those employees who pre-date the changes Some of the technology could be a bit more current ( i.e IM and texting) but this may be limited to HIPAA regulations.

Other Employee Reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

1. I love it but what I think does not matter

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Mountlake Terrace, WA

Pros

The team we are building is passionate and believe in what we are trying to accomplish. I can to this site to kick off what I hope is the use of glassdoor as a useful tool for feedback.

Cons

The old ways are slowing us down still and scaring us not to believe in the task at hand.

Advice to Management

I am MGT but want to kick off using this tool for honest feedback. It has been a challenging first 18 mos but I believe we are on the right track.

2. My experience at Healthfirst has been opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

Benefits Growth Opportunities Salary Company Events 401 K plan

Cons

Little area of growth in Lake Mary office because the company is based in New York.

Advice to Management

My advice is to management is to continue creating growth for membership within the Healthfirst organization and continue to make employees the company as stated in the Mission Statement.