There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

Growing pains but on balance a pretty great place to work

Current Employee - Director Recruitment  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Director Recruitment in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthfirst (New York) full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'd like to preface this by saying that a lot of the reviews here are 2 years old and Healthfirst is a very different company than it was in 2010.

i have been here 4 months and it is one of the best jobs I have had in years because of the commitment of management to work together to forge solutions and the willingness to look at new ways of doing things even when it may be a bit uncomfortable.

great place to work if you like to break things down and fix things.. not a good place if you like status quo and limited mental effort - you have to think on your feet here but I love that!

High opoints:
Opportunity to grow inter- and intra-departmentally
Interesting and complex projects to work on whcih have a direct impact on the company
Great training dept
High ethical standard
Work life balance is manageable
NY office is great location and physical environment
Highly diverse workforce and managment
Company is highly respected in their market

Benefits are very good with excellent dollar for dollar up to 6% 401k match after 1 year

Cons

Growing pains coming from being a small company medium size fairly rapidly so transactional processs have not always adapted to current needs efficiently
Organizational and operational transitiions may not be easily embraced by those employees who pre-date the changes
Some of the technology could be a bit more current ( i.e IM and texting) but this may be limited to HIPAA regulations.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Healthfirst (New York) (View Most Recent)

I love it but what I think does not matter

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer  in  Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Mountlake Terrace, WA

I have been working at Healthfirst (New York)

Pros

The team we are building is passionate and believe in what we are trying to accomplish. I can to this site to kick off what I hope is the use of glassdoor as a useful tool for feedback.

Cons

The old ways are slowing us down still and scaring us not to believe in the task at hand.

I am MGT but want to kick off using this tool for honest feedback. It has been a challenging first 18 mos but I believe we are on the right track.

My experience at Healthfirst has been opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Member Services Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Member Services Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Healthfirst (New York)

Pros

Benefits
    Growth Opportunities
    Salary
    Company Events
    401 K plan

Cons

Little area of growth in Lake Mary office because the company is based in New York.

My advice is to management is to continue creating growth for membership within the Healthfirst organization and continue to make employees the company as stated in the Mission Statement.

There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

Worked for Healthfirst (New York)? Contribute to the Community!