Healthfirst (New York)

www.healthfirstny.com
  www.healthfirstny.com
There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

Amazing team around you!!

Current Employee - Member Services in Lake Mary, FL
Current Employee - Member Services in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits and helpful management team around you with the ability to move up in the company.

Cons

Not able to use any Macs and boring walls make it pretty blah but the people make up for it.

83 Other Employee Reviews for Healthfirst (New York) (View Most Recent)

Was a good company but now is cold to its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are for the most part very good people to work with. The same is true for people I met from other departments.

Cons

In the HR department there is no upward mobility and the director discourages any of us from applying for a managers position when it opens up. Her departmental meeting are one long monologue with her asking for comments at the end. She is very defensive about any ideas to change the department.
    From what I have heard they will terminate you for the most bogus reason you can imagine and not give you a bit of severance beyond the day of your termination. And that combination of actions makes Healthfirst suspect of not caring at all for its employees inspite of its motto that "the employees are the company".

HR policy has to change. They do not stand up for their employees. And get rid of unprofessional department heads.

Septic Environment, Septic Processes, stunted IT, archaic systems, poor control over work loads,

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

On the surface all seems well, but after six months most folks who have any amount of responsibility will have a full gauge how far the rot of process runs.

Cons

In my 6 years there I had 5 laptops die on me, had four managers, one who didn't quite understand that John Doe was not a healthfirst creation and lastly had a manager who kept forgetting I reported into her/him, workload increases year after year and no more bodies are added. There are a lot of good people who are just afraid to speak up because the HR process is run like a lynching - there is always retribution and keeping track of it then becomes a full time job if you want to keep your job.

pay attention to all employees don't just say you do - those employee surveys are waste - understand the products that pay your salaries and ask yourself why year after year no more bodies are added to help with go to market etc. Perhaps getting some warm bodies into HR would make things more legit - there are way to many lifers in HR.

There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)