Project Management and Implementation

I worked at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice environment and good people. Benefits are standard but not exceptional. They have a good program for on-boarding new employees. It is very thorough and informative. The location is very convenient.

Cons

A training program for the various computer systems used would be very helpful and an overview of the data flow for the systems as well. It would also be good to have an informational directory of contacts in the various operational areas readily available. I found that my management didn't support me when I made decisions and they got involved in minute parts of my project where they should have just been providing support for the issues I escalated. In fact, my management would question my decisions at meetings with other areas in lieu of discussing the strategies ahead of time to be fully informed of why I am making the decisions in the first place.

Advice to Management

Management style is too individual and without a centralized goal or methodology. More policy decisions should be made at the top levels of management and enforced rather than leaving decisions up to individual managers for their areas. One example is the telecommuting policy which should be more evenly distributed rather than at the discretion of one manager for their team. Additionally I found that there was no career path in my area to which I could aspire. Also, flex hours should be flexible for everyone and of course within reason.

Other Employee Reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Ancillary Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ancillary Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people in lower management and below

Cons

Dealing with decisions or promotions made for personal reasons

Advice to Management

To work more closely why staff is leaving in droves

It was a very good experience until it was time to move on. They aren't as open with they're opportunities as they say.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Healthfirst (New York) full-time

Pros

Friendly Staff, Nice work environment, good place to work.

Cons

Managerial Issues, HR takes unauthorized authority, salaries are not great.

Advice to Management

Get better leaders and if your willing to train people don't ask for so much in the requirements. Also update salaries.