There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)

It was a positive learning experience!

Former Employee - Anonymous
Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Healthfirst (New York)

Pros

One of the best places to work for. I had a supportive manager. I learned a lot and as a result I was able to add a lot of value to the team.

Cons

I had a positive experience. There were no cons.

Continue mentoring your staff! I know it made me feel valued as an employee.

reviews filtered by

Project Management and Implementation

I worked at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice environment and good people. Benefits are standard but not exceptional. They have a good program for on-boarding new employees. It is very thorough and informative. The location is very convenient.

Cons

A training program for the various computer systems used would be very helpful and an overview of the data flow for the systems as well. It would also be good to have an informational directory of contacts in the various operational areas readily available.
    I found that my management didn't support me when I made decisions and they got involved in minute parts of my project where they should have just been providing support for the issues I escalated. In fact, my management would question my decisions at meetings with other areas in lieu of discussing the strategies ahead of time to be fully informed of why I am making the decisions in the first place.

Management style is too individual and without a centralized goal or methodology. More policy decisions should be made at the top levels of management and enforced rather than leaving decisions up to individual managers for their areas. One example is the telecommuting policy which should be more evenly distributed rather than at the discretion of one manager for their team. Additionally I found that there was no career path in my area to which I could aspire. Also, flex hours should be flexible for everyone and of course within reason.

Slave labor/Hard core capitalist/unscrupulous managers

Current Employee - Field Medicaid Marketing Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Field Medicaid Marketing Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Healthfirst (New York) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get health insurance coverage but you will need it as working for them can be sickening.

Cons

Pseudo Non-profit company, they are very much about profit behind closed doors.  They pressure field reps to meet an unattainable quota to enroll  every minorities that they can find in the ghettos  into their medicaid managed care plan with no regards to your work/life balance.  This pressure results into working beyond your 8 hour shift and on weekends and you get no overtime pay.  This is how  this company strives to make much of its  profit.  Managees are ignorant and completely out of touch with reality.  I doubt they possess any more than a GED/ high school/community college and that goes for the field representatives as well. Corporate bosses plays managers  like fools and they don't eve know it as this  job is the best they can do.  There was a lawsuit filed against them which they settled for several millions for failing to pay their field reps. overtime, the majority of whom are minorities.

Stop stooping so low in order to appease your money hungry corporate bosses. Get some education so that you never forget where you came from.  Your bosses will use and abuse you, and their marketing reps just like the masters did to their slaves back in the days.

There are newer employer reviews for Healthfirst (New York)