There are newer employer reviews for Healthline

Empowering Health Consumers

Current Employee - Vice President, Product in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Vice President, Product in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Healthline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strongly positioned in the marketplace, well-staffed at every level of the org, incredible technology under the hood, multiple lines of biz.

Cons

Ability to do anything can sometimes lead to trying everything, previous weak spots in key leadership roles - been corrected recently, could use more women in leadership positions.

Focus first, then execute. Empower folks at every level of the organization to impact the future - good ideas can come from anywhere.

reviews filtered by

If failure were a company thy name would be Healthline"

Current Employee - Editorial in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Editorial in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Healthline full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Few - The paychecks don't bounce - though they have missed individual ones from time to time.

Cons

Many - this is literally a madoff-like-ponzi scheme on a smaller scale - no IP, no real talent for the business they're in, no promising upside. For those who work there now - RUN. For those considering - SEND CALLS.

Find the nearest window.

Definitely NOT the highlight of my career

Former Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Healthline full-time

Pros

Your typical start-up culture. Casual relaxing environment. You can bring your dog to work. A few sharp and fun people to work with. Compensation and benefits are weak but bearable.

Cons

Management is concerned with addressing short term goals and putting out fires more than long term goals. No investment in training staff. There is a huge employee retention issue with this place. Saw a few people start and leave during my brief stint here. Of course my recruiter informed me about Healthline's reputation only "after" I left.

Every job has some degree of making you feel like a "means to and end." However, you really feel it here : under-appreciated, overworked.

Take a good look at staff retention. There is obviously something wrong here. I'm sure a lot of $$ has been lost when all the lost intellectual capital is translated into a money. As an investor, I'd be pissed.

There are newer employer reviews for Healthline