There are newer employer reviews for Healthline

Healthline perfects the outdated business model of CPM arbitrage.

Current Employee - Ad Operations Manager
Current Employee - Ad Operations Manager

I have been working at Healthline

Pros

Healthline received several rounds of venture capital and employees can skate by without doing any real work because the exec team is clueless.

Cons

Exec team has zero focus on any real business objectives. There is no business model other than CPM arbitrage. Average age of the exec team is over 50, and no one above the manager level has any knowledge of the internet.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and save the board some much needed capital. Hire replacements that actually understand the internet. Stop convincing yourselves that the company will make it because the venture capital is almost gone.

reviews filtered by

Pretty good experience

I worked at Healthline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like the company culture, lots of dedicated and smart employees working there.
    The core values are very competitive, it will be a great thing if all the good idea can be implemented. And it will help people's health wellness.

Cons

Need more hiring to make the good idea come true.

I had a very negative experience working at Healthline Networks.

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Healthline full-time

Pros

The company is growing and proves to be profitable.

Cons

The leadership at Healthline Networks is predominantly male - I discourage any woman from working here as there are many obstacles in finding your place at Healthline and growing within the company.

Other complaints that I have heard among former employees include distrust of the Human Resources department. It's very hard to express yourself and any complaints or difficulties you may experience within Healthline for fear of being marginalized or risking your job security. For this reason, most employees are afraid to voice their concerns or dissatisfaction and generally just opt to leave and find work elsewhere.

Pay scales also vary heavily; there are large disparities among salaries between the creative services and product side of the company. While I did benefit from a higher salary because I worked in product, I know that those that worked in creative services are vastly underpaid and underrepresented.

Advice to Management

Improve Human Resources - don't use intimidation tactics to silence employees' concerns.

Higher and promote more women! The Executive Board is completely male - make the workspace comfortable for women to progress and thrive.

There are newer employer reviews for Healthline