Healthways

www.healthways.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Healthways

Recent changes in management and staff turnover are making everyone nervous, otherwise OK place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Healthways

Pros

We are encouraged to take time off and provided fitness center memberships. We are free to be creative in our positions and contribute in as many facets of the organization as we desire and are capable.

Cons

Recent promotional opportunities are non-existent. Staff promotional freezes exist while outsiders are hired. This is frustrating, especially when no direction is provided as to what senior leadership is expecting. Bonus opportunities are changed in that they offer a scaled business unit based incentive, then the structure is changed when the business unit reaches its goal, while others are rewarded for not accomplishing theirs.

Stay true to your words. Allow more opportunity for internal promotions, especially in non-nashville based business units.

206 Other Employee Reviews for Healthways (View Most Recent)

Dazed & Leadership

Former Employee - Architect in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Architect in Franklin, TN

I worked at Healthways

Pros

Healthways has a great mission and some very nice benefits and perks. The pay was competitive and the bonus, though never fully realized, was nice when it happened. The well-being push over the last few years has led to an active culture of employee fitness, which is nice. Franklin is a beautiful town.

Cons

Five years ago, Healthways was an amazing company to work for, but with the recession and the health insurance crisis it seems that Healthways has lost its focus and is now scrambling to find anything that might turn a profit. A few years ago they started outsourcing application development work to Indian firms and software quality suffered dramatically, leading to customer dissatisfaction, lost contracts, and missed opportunities.

That started a downward spiral that many believe the company will never be able to recover from.

Two things:

1) PLEASE LEARN that you cannot commit to a date before understanding the scope of a project! Over and over again this mistake is made and the result is that people are worked ridiculously hard for months to try and cram an insane amount of ever-changing requirements into an application before some arbitrary deadline that is never, ever shifted out. The end result, EVERY SINGLE TIME, is a reduction in quality that will always, always result in customer dissatisfaction. Not to mention what this does to the moral of the people who work for you.

2) Stop throwing leaders/managers away after they make their first mistake. You encourage people to make mistakes, it says so right on that plaque in the hall, but then drive them out of the company when they do. You've already paid for the mistakes these people have made, why not capitalize on their new experience by trusting them to learn from those mistakes? I have never been in a company that had such a high turnover rate for junior and middle executive level leadership.

Micromanagement!!

Current Employee - RN Clinician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - RN Clinician in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Healthways

Pros

Fair paid time off, fair pay, but that is about all

Cons

Sr Management out of touch with what the coaches and clinicians are doing. Middle management is forced to micromanage. Forced to work one Saturday a month until 9 PM - ridiculous!!

Let the coaches and clinicians do what we are best at doing, quit dictating when and how we do it!

There are newer employer reviews for Healthways