There are newer employer reviews for Healthways

Great mission, unable to execute

I worked at Healthways full-time

Pros

The concept of what Healthways wants to accomplish is one that employees really rally behind. There are many great staff in that organization.
Good life work/balance.

Cons

There is a serious inability of leadership to make sound financial decisions and to execute the vision. I'm suprised the board hasn't demanded a change in executive. I could list numerous examples of financial mismanagement and although I applaud the focus on company culture and benefits, they've taken it too far and it is affecting the productivity in the organization.

You have a visionary now recruit leaders who are capable of executing.
Recruit leaders with a strong financial background and give them the ability/authority to make sound financial decisions.
Hold people accountable to their responsiblities.
Stop making one-off exceptions to policies.
Stop hiring/promoting your friends and get people with proven effectiveness.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Healthways (View Most Recent)

Current employee for more than 7+ yrs

I have been working at Healthways full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Mission when i started was great... I am no longer even sure there is a mission statement.
    I am one of the few remote workers able to work from home office.. and be flexible in my schedule to some extent.
    Gym membership is a very nice perk... will it last?

Cons

Corporate has never invested in the idea of our division (High risk care Management)therefore it has become a dying vine with customers not renewing contracts or terming contracts early... with no new business in the pipeline.. They seem to think that all programs can run from a dialer and a platform that does not work. It is my belief that had StatusOne company had any glimpse of foretelling what Healthways would do to their good name and work.. we would have never teamed with them and we would still be a company clients wanted to work with and the employees would be involved and satisfied in their work.. ranking their overall satisfaction 4-5 stars as well as their ranking on their CEO. Believe me.. the other Case Management companies have no problem with Healthways slow demise.. as it is their gain.. they are picking up the clients that are leaving us.
    They have had history of promising clients benchmarks that are not attainable just to get them to sign on.. and then in the long run they leave because we could not achieve their expectations.. and decide they can do things on their own or have another company to provide their needs.
    I do not believe that Corporate Management has any idea on what our department does, who we are.. what equipment and platform we use.. Calling for IT help is a joke and a nightmare.. they dont have any idea bout our phones or our programs so they cannot address our issues promptly... "try rebooting your computer" that is the infamous answer you will always get!
    The feeling is that we are mere stepchildren that they acquired to get contacts for their other programs they wanted to advance.
    Benefits have been under fire recently.. trying to reign in on our accrued PTO.. stating now we can only carry over 1 week worth into the new year. The only way you can get the better Health benefit package is if you do a health coaching program which is so funny.. since the person i talk to (who happens to be VERY nice).. is in his 20's.. has no Health/medical background or experience, where as I am a nurse of 30 yrs who's main job is teaching and managing the care of complex high risk patients on a daily basis. Our phone calls are more like me coaching my coach! Joke.
    Would i still be here if i was not able to work from home.. Absolutely not!

I think it is a little late for any advice, truly.If you cannot see the writing on the wall after watching your ratings tank on a consistent basis over the years.. then they arent willing to listen/seek/follow anyone's advice.

Ben Leedle is digging the grave

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Healthways

Pros

Good business model idea, was a good company to work for, great co-workers

Cons

The company has been on the decline for the past 5+ years. Loss of business has had a huge impact on morale. Lack of vision and leadership, for a company that once was a visionary leader in healthcare

Advice to the board:

- Fire Ben Leedle
    - Fire yourselves

There are newer employer reviews for Healthways

Worked for Healthways? Contribute to the Community!