Had to pinch myself

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Healthways full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual wear (in addition to workout Wednesdays and Fridays), workout classes on site, great colleagues, keep track of your own hours, 4 weeks plus vacation during first year, and no offices--which makes for open floor plans and lots of light. I enjoy going to work.

Cons

IT can be hit or miss, but I've had pretty good luck. The computers are mostly PCs and pretty old.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Care Nurse Manager

Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - RN Care Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Healthways part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to impact the knowledge base of clients with chronic diseases so as to decrease their risks for hospitalization

Cons

None. I was happy with the flexibility for part time scheduling. I was disappointed when the part time people were laid off.

Advice to Management

I love nursing and teaching patients. I hope there is still an opportunity for me to contribute to the goals and mission of Healthways.

Poisonous work environment - a daily stressful environment, due to management's style of MISleadership.

Current Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Healthways full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits all around! (even an occassional yearly bonus)

Cons

Annual & on-the-spot reviews are very subjective - behavior that was acceptable is now used against you when it's your turn to get terminated. The place is a revolving door - no point in learning anyone's name, as they are gone in few months or less. Those that last (like me, starting my 8th year) learn to survive by not becoming targets - but eventually even I got the bull's eye painted on my back!!

Advice to Management

Change your management style to supporting your employees - not spying on them for the purpose of holding untruths (or subjective facts) over their heads for the time when it's decide to terminate them. Management has to alway be driven to support the company's culture and goals above the individual, but this management style is blatently anti-employee (hugging you with one arm, and stabbing you in the back with the other, and always smiling). You talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.