There are newer employer reviews for Healthways

Focus is on numbers and less on customer service.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Healthways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Started out as a fun place to work. Emphasis on family environment, Wii room, meditation room, Nice co-workers, enthusiastic coaches, decent pay, healthy lifestyle cuture.

Cons

Atlhough my official title wen hired was Engagement Specialist, I actuall worked as a customer service representative. While there, I observed a poorly-managed call center with egocentric back-stabbing managers who showed too much favoritism to certain individuals(especially to coaches), as well as inferior, antiquated systems. I found the metrics nearly impossible to meet and still be able to maintain excellent customer service in 3 minutes while on the phone. Otherwise enthusiastic and knowlegeable employees were laid off. Emphasis on health and wellness deteriorated and was replaced by overload of work and many fearful and disgruntled remaining employees.

Focus on developing your people in action and not just in theory. Bring back the team spirt that first made it a wonderful place to work. Dont be so greedy to get so many clients that you dont have the manpower to handle them; i.e. force employees to "Make bricks without straw". You let go of some decent and qualified people just to meet your numbers. After that, the culture changed dramatically and morale dropped to an all-time low. For a company that claims to increase the wellbeing and reduce stress for its clients' employees, you do not seem to practice what you preach when it comes to your own.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Healthways (View Most Recent)

A company to be looked into.

Current Employee - Operations Manager  in  Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Healthways full-time for more than a year

Pros

The colleagues and the members we served.

Cons

The administration and the micromanagement by some of the Directors

Believe in the skills of your colleagues. They have vast experiences that were not tapped.

Not a satisfying exp., talking with members who were essentially not receptive

Former Employee - Telephonic Nurse Clinician  in  Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Telephonic Nurse Clinician in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Healthways part-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training dept. and Managers

Cons

Not challenging, sitting all the time. Fitness and good health practices enc., however, as time on phone is monitored, not able to take advantage of the programs

Feel emphasis should have been on disease mgt., rather than behavior change
    Seems like when Healthways looses a contract, they close a call center
    Question stability of the company, ?not able to attract new business

There are newer employer reviews for Healthways

Worked for Healthways? Contribute to the Community!