Healthways

www.healthways.com

Focus is on numbers and less on customer service.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsStarted out as a fun place to work. Emphasis on family environment, Wii room, meditation room, Nice co-workers, enthusiastic coaches, decent pay, healthy lifestyle cuture.

ConsAtlhough my official title wen hired was Engagement Specialist, I actuall worked as a customer service representative. While there, I observed a poorly-managed call center with egocentric back-stabbing managers who showed too much favoritism to certain individuals(especially to coaches), as well as inferior, antiquated systems. I found the metrics nearly impossible to meet and still be able to maintain excellent customer service in 3 minutes while on the phone. Otherwise enthusiastic and knowlegeable employees were laid off. Emphasis on health and wellness deteriorated and was replaced by overload of work and many fearful and disgruntled remaining employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing your people in action and not just in theory. Bring back the team spirt that first made it a wonderful place to work. Dont be so greedy to get so many clients that you dont have the manpower to handle them; i.e. force employees to "Make bricks without straw". You let go of some decent and qualified people just to meet your numbers. After that, the culture changed dramatically and morale dropped to an all-time low. For a company that claims to increase the wellbeing and reduce stress for its clients' employees, you do not seem to practice what you preach when it comes to your own.

Not a satisfying exp., talking with members who were essentially not receptive

Telephonic Nurse Clinician (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC

I worked at Healthways part-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent training dept. and Managers Cons: Not challenging, sitting all the time. Fitness and good health practices enc., however,… Advice to Senior Management: Feel emphasis should have been on disease mgt., rather than behavior change Seems like when Healthways looses… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A company to be looked into.

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Healthways full-time for more than a year

Pros: The colleagues and the members we served. Cons: The administration and the micromanagement by some of the Directors Advice to Senior Management: Believe in the skills of your colleagues. They have vast… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Healthways.

Worked for Healthways? Contribute to the Community!