There are newer employer reviews for Healthways

More that just another job, but not your last one either...

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Franklin, TN
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Franklin, TN

I worked at Healthways full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sharp upper management with above average workforce in both skill and dedication. There is (was) opportunity to move easily within a group and to a lesser degree, company wide. Not nearly as 'boys club' as it was when they were in Nashville and its beginning to show.

Cons

Too focused and insular with an unwillingness to take on risks outside of 'what we know'. It would appear that the big deals are gone and it either growth by acquisition (do they exist?) or to be snapped up for their IP *only*.

Do everything possible to diversify - lead rather than chase the market.

168 Other Employee Reviews for Healthways (View Most Recent)

Great Environment, Contractors Beware

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Healthways full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great work environment and mission statement/values
    -On site exercise classes (Kettle bells, yoga, boot camp, etc.)
    -Community involvement
    -Supportive team members
    -Workout Wednesdays and Fitness Fridays
    -Offer a lot of PTO and the benefits are pretty good
    -Free gym membership

Cons

-Healthways has many different locations, contracts, and positions so take caution when reading these reviews as, depending on your position or contract, you may have a very different experience.
    -The biggest "con" to me is that Healthways seems to have a trend of using "contractors" aka employees from temp agencies and is very hesitant to actually hire people on as Healthways colleagues. I have really enjoyed this company and think it is by far the best company i have worked for, especially compared to other call centers, but I must say that my experience as a temp before I was hired was extremely frustrating and stressful. Long story short, we dealt with a lot of uncertainty regarding the length of our contract and if they were looking to hire people or if it was just strictly temporary and management would not provide any indication. They did multiple "contract extensions" at the last minute just when we thought they were making decisions on who to hire and it was impossible to make any long term plans because of how uncertain our status was. During this period of time, many of my co workers I started with ended up quitting and finding other jobs because they could not take the uncertainty. For myself and a very small fraction of the people we have worked with, it has worked out and they decided to hire a few of us. However, there are still many of my co workers who started at the same time that are "on contract" and I am a bit surprised they have stuck around. I was also a bit underwhelmed with what I was offered for pay, however, there seems to be a lot of opportunity and they do offer reviews for bonuses/raises.

-Other reviews have mentioned their technical issues with their computer system. I must agree that their issues with some of the systems can get old and frustrating. The good news is that it impacts everybody and your manager will be well aware of it and it does not reflect poorly on yourself

-At least in my contract I work for, there seems to be a lack in communication between the management and the team. Important information may only be shared to a select few that would benefit everybody and a bigger effort can be made to get everyone on the same page for the good of the program.

-Be more clear and concise of your intentions with your temp workers. They have lost many good workers due to the frustration, stress, and uncertainty of their job status

-Communicate all important information to everybody that will benefit instead of keeping it within a few people and hope for it to be dispersed

-Work to better your IT/computer system issues. From what I understand, this has been a very long ongoing battle

Interesting Leadership Dynamics

I worked at Healthways full-time

Pros

Disruptive innovation and trying to shape and define the wellbeing market space. Can be a great culture with competitive pay and excellent benefits. HQ is built for human performance.

Cons

Interesting leadership dynamics with the addition of the Navvis leadership. Decisions tends to be late and reactive due to almost all business decisions having to go through chief executives. It can be difficult to get bandwidth in a timely manner. Employees are routinely repurposed. This can be positive for new work experiences but it is also disruptive to the colleague and business continuity.

You hire exceptional people. Let them perform and make decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Healthways

Worked for Healthways? Contribute to the Community!